11-11-2012, 01:13 PM
User Info
So here's my story- I have a cousin who wants to get into wetshaving. He has been using an electric for years, and carts chew his face up, but he's really interested in trying a DE razor. It just so happens that I drew his name for secret santa this year, and I've decided to create a starter kit for him. Unfortunately our limit is $20. I'm okay going a few dollars over, but I want to stay as close to $20 as possible. Also, he lives in TX and I live in NY, and he's coming to visit for Thanksgiving so I'd like to give him his present then if possible (which eliminates bestshave.net due to shipping times).

So far I have a Schick Krona razor for him ($8.00) and I will likely go with the VdH starter pack ($10.00). I'd like to get him a few different blades to try out, but only have a few bucks left to spend. So, I'm hoping maybe some kind SN souls can help me out.

I'm hoping to get 5 packs of these blades:
Astra (Green)
Perma-Sharp
Polisilver Super Iridium
Feather (these are my personal favorite for use with the Krona)

I am hoping someone here might be have a stockpile of some or all of these blades and be willing to sell me a few on the cheap. If so, please let me know. I know I may be asking for too much, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Thanks!

2 234
 11-11-2012, 03:44 PM
User Info
Is he flying? Is sure, make sure whether he's checking a bag, otherwise he won't be able to take the blades back with him. Might be better off giving him the razor and shipping the blades.

10 2,062
 11-11-2012, 05:47 PM
  • RedRocks
  • Four-Corners, USA
User Info
el_mustango - you've got mail!

~Frank

18 271
 11-11-2012, 06:46 PM
User Info
John- he's driving with his wife and his puppy. That's why I thought it would be perfect to give it to him now.

Frank - responded. Thanks!

2 234
 11-20-2012, 08:29 AM
User Info
Big thanks to Travis (tgutc) and Frank (redrocks) for the blades. You guys are super generous and I will be leaving you positive feedback right now (if I haven't already done so).

Biggrin

2 234