11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
User Info
UPDATE - everything sold! Thanks everyone who purchased and TSN!

Hi everyone -

This is a continuation of my Thanksgiving Donation sale (see Part I here). For a quick recap, I am donating 20% of my proceeds of these sales to the Greater Boston Food Bank for Thanksgiving. CONUS shipping included via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Shipping internationally will be at cost.

(1) Rooney Heritage "Stubby" 2XL brush. This is a gorgeous brush with a pretty much spotless reputation. I bought this off the B/S/T here from Squatzilla801 when I was jonesing for Rooney/M&F brushes. I realize that these will not get as much attention from me as I like less dense brushes.

Its dimensions are 28mm knot and 47mm loft. I believe these are only currently sold at Vintage Blades and they are sold out.

What originally drew me to these heritage brushes were that these are current production with a special kind of badger hair that is as close to "Rooney Finest" as possible. They are very soft, but has a lot of backbone. These sell new for $190. I bought it here for $160. Squatzilla801 reported he used it a handful of times and I used it just twice. I just have too many items and I am trying to simplify. I would like to recoup my costs, so I am listing it for $160 (with $32 donation to GBFB). SOLD! Thanks poonjaji and TSN!

(2) Morris & Forndran 1/1 Style Blonde Badger brush. This is a nice, dense, small brush, with M&F's famed blonde badger hair. It is densely packed and delivers a punch, especially for face lathering with hard soaps. I thought the handle would be too small, but it wasn't. It has the nice porcelain effect brush that is the M&F hallmark. The dimensions are: 22mm knot and 44mm loft.

I bought this brush here from Arcadies for $80. I used it just a couple of times, so I would like to try to get back when I paid: $80 (with $16 donation to the GBFB). SOLD! Thanks P Funk and TSN!

(3) Muhle R41 2011 Toothcomb razor. I'm sure everyone knows about this razor. It is aggressive and has a "strong" presence while shaving, but I haven't found any other razor that shaves as closely as it does.

I bought this from Arcadies as well. He said he kept it in pristine condition and I only used it twice (I have tried the R41 before). Bought for $40, I would like to sell it for $40 (with $8 donation to GBFB). SOLD! Thanks dajmacd
and TSN!

So, hopefully this sale raises $56 to the Food Bank. As always, feel free to PM me and if my prices are out of line, please post to this thread.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

72 1,407
 11-13-2012, 12:35 PM
User Info
Quick update - Rooney 2XL is sold! Thanks poonjaji and TSN! $32 toward the GBFB.

72 1,407
 11-13-2012, 12:40 PM
User Info
(11-13-2012, 12:35 PM)jpakstis Wrote: Quick update - Rooney 2XL is sold...$32 towards the GBFB.

I am trying to think of it as buying a Rooney 2XL for only $128, which is a great deal. Kudos to you, Josh, for your very generous donations to the food bank!

51 386
 11-14-2012, 06:38 PM
User Info
Quick update (11/14/12, 9:38PM) - M&F just sold! Thanks P Funk and TSN! $16 toward GBFB. All told, $66 is going to the Food Bank now!

72 1,407
 11-16-2012, 07:46 AM
User Info
BUMP! I want to get these sales settled by the end of today because I want to get the donation out. So until 4PM EST today (11/16), all of the proceeds of this sale (the R41) will be donated (i.e. $40).

72 1,407
 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM
User Info
UPDATE - R41 just sold! Thanks dajmacd and TSN! So far, $106 raised for GBFB.

72 1,407