03-22-2012, 06:25 AM
User Info
There seems to be a problem with me posting in the SOTD. I entered the information hit the post button and it doesn't post, instead it takes me to the first post of the thread. I tried again and the same thing happened.Huh

0 372
 03-22-2012, 06:35 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I'm sure Andrew will look into this. Are you clicking Post Reply or are you doing a quick reply?

173 23,296
 03-22-2012, 08:27 AM
User Info
Post reply. If I do a quick reply it double posts on me.

0 372
 03-22-2012, 08:57 AM
User Info
I cannot reproduce the problem...

40 5,830
 03-22-2012, 11:13 AM
User Info
So far I haven't been able to either on this thread. I'll try posting my sotd again, maybe it was a glitch.

0 372
 03-22-2012, 11:19 AM
User Info
(03-22-2012, 08:27 AM)Williams Warrior Wrote: Post reply. If I do a quick reply it double posts on me.

If you use a browser other than Internet Explorer, you won't get double posts on Quick Reply.
Keith, maybe clear out your browser cache, cookies, etc. and then try? Using Google Chrome 11.0.696.60, I encountered the following problem:

1. Enter http://www.shavenook.com in the Chrome address bar.

2. Click on the Forum button near the top of the portal page.

3. Click on the Site Feedback forum link from The Shave Nook page.

4. Click on the Software Malfunction? thread link.

5. Click on the Quote button on any of the posts. I was taken to a login page.

6. In the login screen, enter a username and passwor, and then click on the Login button. The username and password fields were blanked out and the login screen remained. I could not login. This has happened before, and so is not a one time occurrence. I am not sure why this happens, but it might be something to do with ad blocking software I have.

I then did the following and repeated the above steps. I was able to login without any problem.

1. Click on the wrench icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Chrome window.

2. Select options from the menu.

3. Click on Under The Hood under Options.

4. Click on the Clear Browsing Data button.

5. In the Clear Browsing Data dialog, select:

- Obliterate the following items from: The beginning of time
- Check all of the boxes to select all items

6. Click on the Clear Browsing Data button. This clears out the cache, cookies, etc. and brings us to a known browser state.

Even if you are not using Chrome, there should be a similar option available to clear all data in your browser.

0 303
 03-22-2012, 12:47 PM
User Info
Thanks for the tip.

0 372