11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
User Info
This is just basic knowledge of how differences in not only hair type but also knot shape will affect how brushes of the same model will behave and feel to the same person. My Chubby 2 Best is almost 40% larger in brush bloom and splay than my Chubby 2 in 2-Band - because of differences in hair type but also because of differences in knot shape.

I still have pending order for 2 Chubby 3's and the missing Chubby 2 in my collection, the 3-Band Super in jade W00t

But thought I would post a profile pics of the difference in knot shape my 3 Chubby 2's have.

The 2-Bander to the left has a very pointy bulb, and looks sharp - but the 2-Band hair is soft a silky pillow but with heavy backbone. The Manchurian has a nice fan shape while the Best version has sort of a hybrid shape of a bulb and a fan - and BTW this Best hair version is really Best hair at its upmost BEST Cool

So in reality - depending on what shape knot you pick - you can have a brush of the same model, that not only because of the hair type but also because of the shape of the knot will feel totally different. escpecially if you know what you want - and order the brush with a specific hair type and knot shape in mind (as I do when I order brushes at the moment):

All this is boring well known info to the experienced brush fanatic, but for rookies this is nice information to have in your ruck sag, when you start to venture into brush shopping bonanza Idea

[Image: 33e0xlz.jpg]
[Image: qnlh7s.jpg]
[Image: ivctqb.jpg]
[Image: nx2ckk.jpg]

22 5,047
 11-14-2012, 12:13 PM
User Info
Thanks for the info Claus. You are absolutely right.

A question though, if I may. I've noticed this before, but why the paper towel under the brushes?

31 7,912
 11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
This is very helpful to see the three next to each other, thank you!

35 1,732
 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(11-14-2012, 12:13 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Thanks for the info Claus. You are absolutely right.

A question though, if I may. I've noticed this before, but why the paper towel under the brushes?

I was curious about the paper towels as well, maybe for protecting the bases from scratches and absorption of water? I would think a high end collection such as this would be sitting on a mat of suede made from unicorn scrotum or the like. Biggrin

31 1,510
 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM
User Info
(11-14-2012, 12:22 PM)Arcadies Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 12:13 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Thanks for the info Claus. You are absolutely right.

I was curious about the paper towels as well, maybe for protecting the bases from scratches and absorption of water? I would think a high end collection such as this would be sitting on a mat of suede made from unicorn scrotum or the like. Biggrin

OCD issues....please don't ask any further Biggrin

I place this kind of paper beneath all of my brushes and razors, firstly to suck up any excess moisture and secondly because I suffer from mild OCD, and in my mind my precious shaving collection items will not scratch or suffer any kind of molestation and damage to the base of my brushes and finish of my razors Tongue

(11-14-2012, 12:15 PM)Tonality Wrote: This is very helpful to see the three next to each other, thank you!

You're welcome, Sir Smile

22 5,047
 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
User Info
Sounds reasonable enough Claus. Especially since you said you have a mild case of OCD. I can confirm this. If you were a serious case then you would have CDO instead, because this is in alphabetical order.

31 7,912
 11-14-2012, 01:22 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
"base molestation" Thumbsup Bow
I am getting nervous now about my poor brushes, home alone 24

88 4,233
 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM
User Info
Great post Claus.

I totally get the OCD paper towel thing Smile it's nice to see other people like that with their brushes.

I had super, best and 2 band Chubbies but I prefered the best over the super so decided to move the super on.

7 1,179
 11-14-2012, 10:50 PM
User Info
Great post. The trio looks great together. Wink

63 2,128
 11-15-2012, 01:56 AM
User Info
Claus, the paper towels are for mopping up the tears, every time you look at them. Or feel you are welling up when you view your collection.

Great photograph's (The triplets look well) and I might add very well behaved.

Charles U.K

0 2,339
 11-15-2012, 11:47 AM
User Info
(11-14-2012, 01:19 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Sounds reasonable enough Claus. Especially since you said you have a mild case of OCD. I can confirm this. If you were a serious case then you would have CDO instead, because this is in alphabetical order.

Hilarious!

0 193