11-16-2012, 02:57 PM
User Info
I have a bottle of Clubman AS that I rarely wear because the scent is just too strong for my liking. My barber uses Clubman Vanilla (which I love and now want to pick some up) after shaving the back of my neck, but he mentioned he had to cut it with some alcohol to dilute the scent.

If I'm using it on my face, would witch hazel or something else be a better alternative to alcohol? I assume I could use the cheap drug store witch hazel vs Thayers since scent isn't an issue? Is there anything else that would offer some benefits that I could throw in there?

0 120
 11-16-2012, 03:16 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I'm going to try to cut my Pinaud Bay Rum 50/50 with witch hazel and a drop of glycerine, I'll let you know if it works for me.

(11-16-2012, 02:57 PM)Bittermormon Wrote: I have a bottle of Clubman AS that I rarely wear because the scent is just too strong for my liking. My barber uses Clubman Vanilla (which I love and now want to pick some up) after shaving the back of my neck, but he mentioned he had to cut it with some alcohol to dilute the scent.

If I'm using it on my face, would witch hazel or something else be a better alternative to alcohol? I assume I could use the cheap drug store witch hazel vs Thayers since scent isn't an issue? Is there anything else that would offer some benefits that I could throw in there?

125 2,372
 11-16-2012, 03:36 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I used to cut mine with water and it worked great, I see no reason witch hazel wouldn't work very well..I'd stay away from the alcohol though, it already has enough of that in it.

31 1,510
 11-17-2012, 11:52 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I mixed the Pinaud VIBR with an equal part of witch hazel as well as a few drops of orange essential oil and glycerine. The result was a less aggressive clove scent and much less burn, a worthwhile endeavor IMHO.

I'm not sure if this related directly to your inquiry, but thought I would follow up with my results stemming from a similar problem.

125 2,372
 11-19-2012, 11:11 AM
User Info
thanks everyone for the replies. I'll get some with hazel and start playing Mad Scientist.

0 120
 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM
User Info
Maybe you can try rinsing with a little cool water after applying the Clubman aftershave?
I almost always lightly rinse my face off with cold water after applying any aftershave or cologne.
It works very well imvho.

0 17
 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
User Info
(11-19-2012, 11:52 AM)~Rocco~ Wrote: Maybe you can try rinsing with a little cool water after applying the Clubman aftershave?
I almost always lightly rinse my face off with cold water after applying any aftershave or cologne.
It works very well imvho.

That's a good idea. I'll try that too.

0 120