11-17-2012, 07:03 AM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
I am jazzed up about the new iKons coming out shortly.

I will prob. pick up an OC and a SB.

Then Weber drops these polished stainless SB with Bulldog handles...

Do I pick up the Weber? Money is a slight factor.

Ha ha! I just bought the Weber. Who was I kidding.

Though a certain Super Moderator may have nudged me a bit. I have wanted the bulldog handle for a while anyways.

This is totally reasonable.

Dear minor shaving deities:
Please don't have the iKons for sale before my next paycheck.

12 648
 11-17-2012, 11:00 AM
User Info
You will not be disappointed as the Webers are wonderful razors and shavers!

75 20,883
 11-17-2012, 11:05 AM
User Info
Nice pickup.

And you can always ask for an advance! Winky

31 7,914
 11-17-2012, 12:08 PM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
And they generated a tracking number this afternoon as well!

12 648
 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(11-17-2012, 07:03 AM)J_fro Wrote: I am jazzed up about the new iKons coming out shortly.

I will prob. pick up an OC and a SB.

Then Weber drops these polished stainless SB with Bulldog handles...

Do I pick up the Weber? Money is a slight factor.

Ha ha! I just bought the Weber. Who was I kidding.

Though a certain Super Moderator may have nudged me a bit. I have wanted the bulldog handle for a while anyways.

This is totally reasonable.

Dear minor shaving deities:
Please don't have the iKons for sale before my next paycheck.

Not too worry they won't be available until DecemberSmile

100 12,447
 11-17-2012, 12:23 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
In the future, depending on your patience, I'd skip the iKon slant and wait for Tradere to release theirs..I'm a bit biased though as I try to avoid iKon. No idea when Tradere will go into production but the prototype looked pretty spiffy.

31 1,510
 11-17-2012, 04:29 PM
  • gzp
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I've only been here a short time but I believe the proper acquisition advice is:

Yes, buy one of each.

0 62
 11-19-2012, 12:06 PM
  • skeptik
  • The Piedmont, VA
User Info
(11-17-2012, 12:23 PM)Arcadies Wrote: In the future, depending on your patience, I'd skip the iKon slant and wait for Tradere to release theirs..I'm a bit biased though as I try to avoid iKon. No idea when Tradere will go into production but the prototype looked pretty spiffy.

Why do you avoid iKon? I have opposite tastes, I wouldn't waste my time or money on another Tradere. I have no complaints from any iKon razor I have purchased, 4 and counting.

0 295
 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Never had an issue with an iKon. Any time I've emailed Greg, he's been prompt and done whatever he could to answer questions. Same goes with Richard at Tradere.

116 3,804
 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(11-19-2012, 12:06 PM)skeptik Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 12:23 PM)Arcadies Wrote: In the future, depending on your patience, I'd skip the iKon slant and wait for Tradere to release theirs..I'm a bit biased though as I try to avoid iKon. No idea when Tradere will go into production but the prototype looked pretty spiffy.

Why do you avoid iKon? I have opposite tastes, I wouldn't waste my time or money on another Tradere. I have no complaints from any iKon razor I have purchased, 4 and counting.

I'd rather not go into it, let's just say the owner of iKon has had a shady past and questionable behavior on other forums and I prefer to avoid his products. If you enjoy iKon products then by all means have at it.

31 1,510
 11-19-2012, 12:58 PM
User Info
For anyone who has used both iKon and Tradere razors, which one or ones do you recommend and why? I mean based on the price and performance of the razors, not anything else. Was there any particular model that stood out as unusually good?

0 303
 11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
For the iKons I'd recommend one of the new open comb models. If it's like the old one, then it will be a great shaver. To me, the S3S, OSS, and H20 were too mild (which isn't a bad thing, just mild).

For the Tradere, either the OC or the SB are both wonderful razors.

Bottom line, you'd be hard pressed to find better razors makers than iKon, Tradere, or Weber. I can't speak to the Above The Tie Model because I haven't tried one.

116 3,804
 11-19-2012, 01:38 PM
User Info
I've tried a few iKons and the OC versions are where they shine. I don't know about the upcoming straight bar versions, but both the 2nd generation iKon and the straight bar "side" of the "dual personality" razors were very, very mild, borderline unworkable for me.

72 1,407
 11-19-2012, 01:42 PM
User Info
I am just the opposite. I think that the OSS was one of Ikons best designs. It is like having a Tech and New LC in one razor. I am a big fan of the Techs so YMMV.

2 697
 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
User Info
Thanks guys! I had not planned on getting another razor, but those stainless steel examples look to be superb quality. Many moons ago I put myself through college working in a machine shop. Mostly it was machining stainless steel, so those razors bring back some memories.

0 303
 11-19-2012, 06:03 PM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
The Weber arrived today. I will shave with it tomorrow. Head is reminiscent of 34c.

12 648
 11-19-2012, 06:35 PM
  • biggiej42
  • Looney for Rooney
  • Stony Point, NY
User Info
(11-19-2012, 12:58 PM)Tbone Wrote: For anyone who has used both iKon and Tradere razors, which one or ones do you recommend and why? I mean based on the price and performance of the razors, not anything else. Was there any particular model that stood out as unusually good?

I own a Tradere OC, and SB, and an Ikon S3S. I also owned an Ikon Modern. Out of all of them, the Tradere SB is by far my favorite. The Ikon's were nice, but I really don't enjoy the "dual personality" heads, and the modern was much too mild for me.

The build quality of both far exceeds any other razor I've owned, even the feather as. I give tradere an edge in the shaving and practicality department though. As always YMMV.

As far as anyone that has a problem with Ikon's reputation, that was a long time ago, and a many, including myself have had issues with certain forums. Greg has been nothing but pleasant to me and all of my friends.

9 408