11-20-2012, 08:31 AM
User Info
OK, I have shaved a few times now with P-160, and I've got reasonable performance from it... but when I coat my face with it and leave it on after my shave while I clean my brush, my face will feel like it is burning...
Does anyone else have this problem? Confused

0 283
 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(11-20-2012, 08:31 AM)Str8 Shaver Wrote: OK, I have shaved a few times now with P-160, and I've got reasonable performance from it... but when I coat my face with it and leave it on after my shave while I clean my brush, my face will feel like it is burning...
Does anyone else have this problem? Confused

Does your face turn red or itchy? I haven't experienced this with P160, but there could be something in the ingredients list that doesn't agree with you. Have you tried other traditional Italian soft soaps like Cella with similar results?

137 2,624
 11-20-2012, 08:57 AM
User Info
I had a similar reaction to P.160, as well as a few RazoRock soaps. There is speculation that the chemical they use for the almond fragrance causes an allergic reaction in some. I don't have the same effect with Cella or Vitos, but the scents, while similar, are not identical.

2 362
 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM
User Info
yes, my face is red and rashy.... I don't seem to have this problem with my other soaps....

0 283
 11-20-2012, 10:11 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
*THANKFULLY*(!) not with P160 but with a couple of RazoRock soaps, MdB and XXX.
Also with Trumper's and TOBS Coconut creams.

I am certain that fragrance oil chemicals do it for me and I think that it's always been fragrance oils, not essential oils. I don't know why some cause problems and others don't.

I have my RazoRock XXX airing out from a recommendation on another thread stating that doing so would minimize the problem.
Perhaps give that a shot with the P160? It's such a great product. IMO, the best of the Italian croaps.

6 905
 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM
User Info
Just a suggestion... since your brush has no such reaction and you do, let the brush wait. Take care of your face first.

32 6,401
 11-21-2012, 03:03 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Wow, I have to admit that when I looked at the original post, I just took it as a reaction to the shave without further clarification on my part.

May I ask the OP why do you coat your face with the cream and leave it on *after* you are done with your shave?

I know that certain creams have more moisturizing ability than others but ultimately, for me, there aren't any shave creams that I would consider as a moisturizer/extended use face conditioner when there are so many other A/S's, balms, etc. that work terrific for this. Always a YMMV but I'm curious. Smile

Eric

(11-20-2012, 10:51 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Just a suggestion... since your brush has no such reaction and you do, let the brush wait. Take care of your face first.

6 905
 11-21-2012, 05:25 AM
User Info
just something I've done since the beginning... I just leave a layer on my face while I clean up....

0 283
 11-21-2012, 11:56 AM
User Info
I haven´t tried the P160, but I have that same problem with Razorock XXX and Classic, maybe it is something in the ingredient list of soft italian soaps, that my skin does not like. Even though with Cella I have no problem at all.

10 605
 11-21-2012, 01:59 PM
User Info
I know from a Dutch customer that he had a rash from almost any soap but not from TFS Cuore di Lavanda, which was made with hazelnut oil instead of coconut oil. Now, TFS uses a special refined coconut oil, that is also used for food-products.

But maybe the (kind of) coconut oil is something some have a reaction to?

Bye,

Eric

0 224