11-21-2012, 05:05 AM
User Info
Shaveabuck's making me mad.

The owner sent me the wrong Edwin Jagger razor, is not responding in any timely way to my emails.

Recommendations?

0 257
 11-21-2012, 06:01 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Joe is a great vendor. I think that this experience is a one off and certainly not indicative of his usual business practices.
He may have sporadic e-mail service and some days maybe none at all plus, to my knowledge, he also has a "day gig" and Shaveabuck is another business for him.

The effects of Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy continue and will for a long time to come. Most of the area that Joe lives in will never recover to anywhere near baseline. There are many still without power and worse, many lost their homes, businesses, everything. The fact that Joe is even able to continue operating is an absolute miracle and a testimony to his fortitude.

I would just contact him and I am sure that ultimately, he will make everything right for you. IMO, you do not have anything to worry about in that regard. It may take a bit longer than usual but in the grand scheme of things, it's a blip in time and an issue that will be resolved as quickly as possible.

Try another e-mail or call if possible or even try snail mail. Smile

Eric

6 905
 11-21-2012, 06:28 AM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
Never heard of problems with Joe.

What do you mean by timely manner?

12 648
 11-21-2012, 07:00 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
What razor did you order? What razor did he send?

173 23,535
 11-21-2012, 08:05 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Edwin Jagger needs to think of different names for their razors. DE89LBL, DE89BABL, DE89BL -when you are rushed, it is very easy to grab the wrong razor.

Joe will make it right. The after effects of the storm combined with the holiday season may be to blame for the delay.

45 16,340
 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
I ordered from ShaveaBuck only once and the transaction was silky smooth. Joe has very good reputation, but he is unlucky enough to have been in a path of Sandy. Please allow for that. This is a small business the man is running and not a corporate behemoth that has customer support in Philippines. I am sure Joe will make things right as soon as he can. In the meantime if you do not have a razor to use I can lend you my EJ DE89BA Barley Chrome so as you keep the one Joe sent you unused for exchange. PM me if you need a razor to shave with while this is being taken care of.

25 1,705
 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM
User Info
I ordered from Joe a couple times. One of those was for a horse hair brush that was described as "defective". I wanted it for the handle. His description said that some had the knot, some didn't. I asked in my checkout message that, if it was possible, could I please get one of the ones without the knot. Not only did I get what I asked for, but he threw in another brush handle I didn't even ask for. I thought that was pretty cool.

He's a standup vendor, I'm sure it'll work out. Just remember: You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

4 253
 11-21-2012, 05:14 PM
User Info
I believe Joe got hit pretty hard by Sandy. I also believe he's a Police officer by day and probably dealing with a lot of other Sandy issues at the day job. I'm sure he'll make it right for you.

3 315
 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM
User Info
+1 for Joe!

0 836
 11-21-2012, 06:54 PM
User Info
Bought a bunch of items from joe over the last few weeks and got them fast!

8 279
 11-22-2012, 10:54 AM
User Info
I ordered the all-chrome octagonal, got the black-handled octagonal. EJ does need to rename.

0 257
 11-22-2012, 05:48 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Hey it's great that he's shipping at all.... After Katrina NOTHING came out of New Orleans proper for quite a while. Even the suburbs were delayed for weeks. I've never ordered from Joe but you have some heavy hitters on here telling you he will make it right... PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE My friend...

5 1,151
 11-28-2012, 06:46 PM
User Info
It is a business transaction, and it does involve money. Fortunately it is a great comfort to know that Joe and virtually all of the other vendors we interact with daily are not cheaters or con-men. Neither are we, the regular participants. Stuff happens and there are times we all make mistakes. We sometimes feel we didn't get the full benefit of our transaction, or we might feel the other guy didn't get all he hoped for, but in the end we try to be honest and fair with each other. I really believe it.

24 1,151
 11-29-2012, 08:31 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
boYexTRAORDINaRE, any progress on the issue? It would be nice to update the thread with the outcome.

25 1,705
 11-29-2012, 08:50 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I have in the past ordered from Shaveabuck and have not had any problems either.

And a Storm like Sandy would mess up anyone's world.

So give him a chance and recontact him and give him a few days to respond each time.

The only time I expect fast is when I send in my tax return with a payments. I know that the taxing authorities will cash my check ASAP.

And the only time I expect slow is when I send in my tax return with a refund due back to me. And I know that the taxing authorities will do what they can to delay payment.Biggrin

1 819
 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM
User Info
The government taketh but refundeth not.

0 500
 11-30-2012, 09:59 AM
User Info
(11-21-2012, 08:05 AM)bullgoose Wrote: Edwin Jagger needs to think of different names for their razors. DE89LBL, DE89BABL, DE89BL -when you are rushed, it is very easy to grab the wrong razor.

What?

2 49
 11-30-2012, 10:29 AM
  • P Funk
  • I can only carry 50 chickens at a time
  • Bay Area, NorCal
User Info
I've only ordered from him once. And it was as near a flawless transaction as possible. He even threw in some extra goodies (more than the typical samples).
I'm on the other side of the country but my understanding is that there are still those w/o basic power so things seem to be far from back to normal (or close to it).

Given the circumstances, I'm surprised you got your order at all. That in itself says something about the vendor.

These are unique circumstances. Give him some time. Like all the vets on here said, I'm sure he'll make it right.

19 591
 11-30-2012, 10:40 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
No reason to expect an exchange now.

boYexTRAORDINaRE has been using the razor. Per his SOTD picture today.

173 23,535
 11-30-2012, 03:07 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
(11-30-2012, 10:40 AM)Johnny Wrote: No reason to expect an exchange now.

boYexTRAORDINaRE has been using the razor. Per his SOTD picture today.

Perhaps some sort of deal or understanding has been reached between the two parties. Would be nice to have an update from (one of) the horse's mouth, though. Somehow I doubt that Joe has not attempted to make things right. Anyway, that black handle looks handsome on the DE89. I have a Barley Chrome handle and I think that is the most gorgeous handle on a DE89 going, but I am biased Smile Octagonal handles a re very cool.

25 1,705