11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
A while back these two a/s appeared on the shelves at the local Dollar Tree.They have identical ingredient lists,including such goodies as ,glycerin,propylene glycol,castor oil for skin care and some antimicrobial ingredients and astringent components.

The "Fresh" scent is light blue and has a light baby powder scent not a Velva type scent or marine scent as may be assumed by the color or name.
The "Original" scent is light green and is a mentholated powder scent ,which is odd as menthol is not in the ingredient list.It is in the realm of Skin Bracer but much weaker.

For a buck they are good value.Scent wise they pretty much fade out (90%)in an hour.

An idea floated in my head.The green is in the Skin Bracer neighborhood,so why not add it to some SB to give it a powder finish?I did so with a splash of witch hazel added to the bottle.The result was a nice a/s with menthol and powdery components.

The blue I mixed with some Lustray Blue Spice for a variation of the powder scent.It is okay but I like the green-SB mix better.Maybe I need to mix it with one of the fresh/marine scents .Hmmmm.An experiment may be coming in the future.

Give them a try.Nothing memorable but not bad either.

0 274
 11-26-2012, 03:04 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I bought some of these when I went on a soap run a few weeks back and the powder smell was just too much. I tried mixing it with something else but the powdery smell still knocked me down. I'll just spend the $.70 extra and get Barbasol Pacific Rush at Dollar General. Kudos to you for making it work.

116 3,804
 11-26-2012, 10:43 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
I think I ended up with a mix of 15% Dollar Tree Original,20%witch hazel,65% skin bracer/barbasol brisk.I had to tweak the ratios a bit to get what I liked.

I think it will end up being a second string a/s mix,getting used a couple of time a month.

0 274