02-26-2012, 06:06 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
With a disappointing soap shave over the weekend (see my post: "Cella dilemma"), I decided to put aside soaps that had been dominating my shaving routine for months and try a cream. The first I found in my shaving cream stash was Dr Harris Rose. Unconcerned by issues of masculinity I embraced the bright pink formulation and took in a deep inhalation of the incredible rose perfume. I selected a large M&F Emillion for the job and in no time had rich, voluminous, slick lather with an intoxicating scent that just screamed turkish delight. Perhaps I used a little too much product (always better to be generous than risk a poor lather that often comes from being stingy with the product), but I had more than enough for 3 passes (WTG, XTG and ATG) with an OC and a touch up here and there. There was still enough left over that I probably could have shave my wife's legs too (as she had commented also on the pleasing aroma). And to keep in theme, I followed up a great shave with the Dr Harris Pink A/S. (No moisturising required, but I had Dr Harris A/S Milk on hand just incase!)

So gentleman, embrace pink for a shave that's guaranteed to leave you feeling rosy!

[attachment=0]

91 17,823
 02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to acquire a tube!

91 17,823
 02-26-2012, 09:17 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Would have taken the pink theme to a new level if I'd remembered about this brush...

[attachment=0]

91 17,823
 02-26-2012, 10:37 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
While I haven't tried the D.R. Harris Rose, I have used others and truly enjoy the scent. It's the same with lavender. I don't see this as a masculine/feminine thing so much as if you truly like/dislike the scent.

2 11,211
 02-27-2012, 09:56 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
freddy Wrote:While I haven't tried the D.R. Harris Rose, I have used others and truly enjoy the scent. It's the same with lavender. I don't see this as a masculine/feminine thing so much as if you truly like/dislike the scent.

Hi

Like yourself I've yet to try DR Harris Rose, but I have had (very) good experiences with GEO F Trumper - Rose and Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Rose. I've only tried Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Lavender, unfortunately I found it far too drying for my "sensitive" skin (I did like the scent and it did lather very well).

Take care, Mike

23 1,872