11-27-2012, 06:07 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
Aside from SOTD photos, would you consider it bad taste to repost some things to other sites. We are a great community here, but we are also slightly small and already so full of knowledge. I often will repost some topics, especially reviews, I start here to Reddit's Wicked_Edge and occasionally to sites like B&B. Wicked_edge I see no problem with as a majority of the viewers there are new to wetshaving and still learning about all the options available to them, so I feel like I'm hopefully helping out a newcomer learn about products or ideas that aren't part of the main praise over there.

For example. I decided today to report my brush restoration to B&B, as a followup to my original brush restoration post months ago, and W_E to hopefully show people that it's possible to have a very nice brush (even with a less expensive TGN knot than the WSP knot) out of an old handle.

Would any of you see things like this as frowned upon, I certainly mean no harm, but I can understand someone who might frequent multiple sites like myself getting slightly annoyed at seeing the same thing all over the place.

Just my own curiosity, thanks!

35 1,732
 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I don't know but I don't see it as a problem. Some people make their home here and some are happy xposting, nothing wrong with that.

88 4,233
 11-27-2012, 06:29 PM
User Info
I post the same stuff on 5 sites. No problem there. I see plenty of people who have been on the forums a lot longer than myself, do so, also.

I post my SOTD or new razors or what have you to several at the same time.

Some members overlap from site to site and others don't, so the ones that don't will get to see what you have to post. You may get more responses from one site than another depending on the post.

21 1,477
 11-27-2012, 06:29 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
TSN is my home wet shave site. I do post on B&B too. One can cover a site pretty well if you visit daily. I find it broadens ones horizons to frequent different places. I post regularly on several SAINTS sites with no problems. I DO NOT post directly from one site to another. The way I see it, it's a free internet...

5 1,151
 11-27-2012, 06:32 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I typically only post here and very rarely at B&B but I rarely start topics myself. The few I do start I just keep here at TSN with the exception of B/S/T stuff because let's face it..the massive traffic over there helps sell stuff quickly. I don't see anything wrong with cross posting really, just glad folks do post it here too as I've become somewhat tired of the larger and faster moving forums and spend 90% of my time here, preferring the more laid back atmosphere. Hell, I've been a member at B&B for 1.5 years and only 3-4 months here but have almost as many posts here...I feel comfortable and more at home here for some reason.

But anyway, for the most part I see nothing wrong with cross-posting.

31 1,510
 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I agree, I spend a vast majority of my time here. The brush thing, I just felt like a followup from months back would be appreciated.

35 1,732
 11-27-2012, 06:42 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
I've posted the brush reviews I've done recently and some BST threads on three sites (here, B&B and TSR in the UK).

The vast majority of responses to the reviews have come from here and TSR. The BST threads have been a mixture of sales from all three sites.

This forum and TSR are by far the most friendliest forums out there I've found and I tend to position myself on both most of the time these days.

32 638
 11-27-2012, 06:42 PM
User Info
This is my favorite forum but I don't see a problem reposting. After all we share the same interests, hobbies, etc.

72 1,407
 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM
User Info
It's only annoying if I have to answer the same question twice, but that's easily avoided by not clicking the same thread. It's the people that respond that have the same question that may be annoying.

Not really a problem IMO.

9 2,988
 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM
User Info
The web and forums were created to disseminate information. That being the case, I don't think that posting the same article on multiple forums is a problem. The same goes for hyperlinks to articles, as hypertext is an essential feature of the web. Which one is most appropriate depends on the particular venue and circumstances.

There are at least six major English language wetshaving forums, as well as a number of smaller sites. Many people are members on multiple sites, but there may be folks out there who visit one forum only. Spreading information around seems a very good idea, if only for their benefit.

Just my two cents.

0 303
 11-27-2012, 07:27 PM
User Info
If anybody can manage to pull off a presence on multiple forums, more power to 'em. As long as good stuff is posted here, that's all I care about. I don't really have time to keep up with everything that's happening here; if something is also posted on a different forum, I'll certainly never notice.

--Glenn

1 49
 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM
User Info
Posting info at other forums for the betterment of the hobby can only be good. I was looking for some info and goggled it and found a post reviewing the actual scent for the particular soap at TSD from a member here. This is a young forum and this member has been around for a long time. I agree with several post that mention how cordial folks are here on this forum. Seems like a lot of thought goes into members post here. I think I have only seen one plus one post here.

11 235
 11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
User Info
(11-27-2012, 07:43 PM)Sevenbark Wrote: Posting info at other forums for the betterment of the hobby can only be good. I was looking for some info and goggled it and found a post reviewing the actual scent for the particular soap at TSD from a member here. This is a young forum and this member has been around for a long time. I agree with several post that mention how cordial folks are here on this forum. Seems like a lot of thought goes into members post here. I think I have only seen one plus one post here.

+1

Laughing1

31 7,914
 11-27-2012, 08:16 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(11-27-2012, 07:53 PM)SharpSpine Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 07:43 PM)Sevenbark Wrote: Posting info at other forums for the betterment of the hobby can only be good. I was looking for some info and goggled it and found a post reviewing the actual scent for the particular soap at TSD from a member here. This is a young forum and this member has been around for a long time. I agree with several post that mention how cordial folks are here on this forum. Seems like a lot of thought goes into members post here. I think I have only seen one plus one post here.

+1

Laughing1

:monoloco:Bow

88 4,233
 11-27-2012, 09:34 PM
User Info
(11-27-2012, 06:42 PM)jpakstis Wrote: This is my favorite forum but I don't see a problem reposting. After all we share the same interests, hobbies, etc.

+1

75 20,883
 11-27-2012, 09:35 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(11-27-2012, 09:34 PM)celestino Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 06:42 PM)jpakstis Wrote: This is my favorite forum but I don't see a problem reposting. After all we share the same interests, hobbies, etc.

+1

+2 Smile

102 17,670
 11-27-2012, 10:19 PM
  • P Funk
  • I can only carry 50 chickens at a time
  • Bay Area, NorCal
User Info
No issue seen here. I post on this and the other big site.
I find that while topics are the same, the vibe is quite different. I like frequenting both.
I have also noticed that many post their Classifieds/B-S-Ts simultaneously on different sites. Seemed a bit weird to me at first but I don't have a problem with it.

19 591
 11-27-2012, 10:52 PM
User Info
Don't see any issue with this at all.

129 6,685
 11-28-2012, 02:39 PM
User Info
It's all good man internet is serious business.

2 49
 11-28-2012, 02:57 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
As long as it it is done with the best interests of the wet shaving community at heart and there is a touch of humor included sometimes (see the +1s based on Sevenbark's remarks, above, though I agree 100% with his sentiment), I see not too much wrong with re-posting. Let's spread the knowledge and the enjoyment. Thumbsup

2 11,211