11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
User Info
I won this piece in a PIF from pooking, along with a GEM Stainless blade. I shaved with it the past two days. Now, this is the first time I've ever used a single-edge, so I can't make any comparison, nor should I really be reviewing the razor after such a short time, but I have really enjoyed this razor so far. I didn't have any trouble at all with it, other than getting the angle down, which took a few strokes, and nothing more. From what I understand, the hinge opens this razor up backwards compared to most SE razors—the lid flips open from the front instead of the back of the head—and the blade is snapped firmly into place from the spine. The shave I experience is actually somewhat milder than unexpected. It is very efficient, I get a fine shave from two passes, but I haven't lost a drop of blood. Probably my favorite aspect, though, is the audio feedback, maybe due to the thickness and rigidity of the blade. The razor sings very wonderfully as it cuts. I am going to definitely try a few more SE's after this. Like I said earlier, I'm not too comfortable jumping to a ton of conclusions here yet, but I will say that you could do much worse for a starter SE than the Ever-Ready '24.

2 362
 11-28-2012, 08:23 PM
User Info
 11-28-2012, 08:32 PM
User Info
Very nice! If you can handle that bad boy, then you may be ready for the OCMM.

31 7,914
 11-29-2012, 06:03 AM
User Info
(11-28-2012, 08:32 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Very nice! If you can handle that bad boy, then you may be ready for the OCMM.

Now, see, there you go, getting my RAD all fired up... Enablers, all of you! Biggrin

2 362
 11-29-2012, 06:31 AM
User Info
Be careful,very careful.I tried an Ever-Ready 1912 to see what single edge shaving was all about figuring if it didn't work out it would still be a cool old razor to have.I liked SE shaves so much I haven't shaved with a double edge since and have put together a nice armada of single edge razors and several years supply of single edge stainless steel blades.

7 414
 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM
User Info
(11-29-2012, 06:03 AM)sethleupagus Wrote: Now, see, there you go, getting my RAD all fired up... Enablers, all of you! Biggrin

Biggrin

Yeah, shameless aren't they!

Don't forget the Lather Catchers!

Heh, Heh! (evil chuckle) PM sent! What were those enablers thinking!?

32 6,309
 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM
User Info
The 1924 is a great razor, I'm glad you are enjoying it.

0 433
 01-03-2013, 04:52 AM
User Info
Listen to razorx. He know's of what he speaks.

I have a whole collection of Super Speeds that are collecting dust right next to my sink because SE shaving is so much better to me.

I occaisionally use my Gillette NEW and my Merkur 33c but it's my GEMS that I reach for 90% of the time now. They are addictive!

I used to think they were ugly. Now I think they are beautiful. I also used to think Glocks were ugly, but now I don't.

It's weird how, in my mind, something can go from ugly to beautiful after I discover how well it works.

That's a beautiful razor you got there. Happy shaving!

1 283
 01-03-2013, 06:44 AM
User Info
(01-03-2013, 04:52 AM)regularfella Wrote: Listen to razorx. He know's of what he speaks.

I have a whole collection of Super Speeds that are collecting dust right next to my sink because SE shaving is so much better to me.

I occaisionally use my Gillette NEW and my Merkur 33c but it's my GEMS that I reach for 90% of the time now. They are addictive!

I used to think they were ugly. Now I think they are beautiful. I also used to think Glocks were ugly, but now I don't.

It's weird how, in my mind, something can go from ugly to beautiful after I discover how well it works.

That's a beautiful razor you got there. Happy shaving!

If it says anything, I have added a Damaskeene, a Junior, a Push Button, and an OCMM to my arsenal since I started this thread...

Also am playing with a Lather Catcher from some enabler or the other... No names mentioned...

2 362
 01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
User Info
Gee Seth, where did the LC come from? Eusa_whistle

I forgot that you enjoyed the ER '24. No wonder you took to the LC as you did.

I should have given you this tip early on about the '24... When you flip the top open, wrap your other hand around the handle so that the lid doesn't smack against the handle. You won't damage the handle, but the lid being smooth looks terrible after a few of those hits. Doing it the full handed hold way the lid comes down on fingers for a soft contact.

32 6,309