11-29-2012, 11:21 AM
User Info
These are the two products I'm most interested in appropriating right now.

They sound similar, in description, with the Layrite costing 3x as much.

I'm very impressed by Layrite Deluxe & Suavacito Firme, but would like more shine.

I know people here use Dax Super Neat. How is it?

Anyone tried Layrite's Super Shine pomade? I'd love to know what it's like and how it compares to the 3-times cheaper Dax Purple, which sounds like a very similar product.

0 257
 11-30-2012, 03:31 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Some of the Dax products claim to be rinseable, or easily rinsed/washed out. While some of them are easier than others Dax offers, they are still pomades/waxes/creams with petrol and/or wax/ and/or oils and will require more cleansing to get out no matter what the tin says on it. This may not be a bad thing for some and they are excellent products that work well and have been around for a long time.

The Layrite pomades are true, water based pomades that have a thick, gel like consistency and do actually rinse out with water alone. Add any shampoo, even a gentle one or a shampoo bar and it washes completely clean very easily with one shampoo.

I have tried the Layrite Super Shine and it's a great product. It is again, a true water based pomade with excellent hold that has more shine than any other water based pomade that I have tried. If you look closely at the Layrite labels, for the most part all of the ingredients are the same in all three versions, they just switch them around a bit or use a bit more of something to achieve the desired result ie: Regular Hold-Classic, Strong Hold and SuperShine.

The Dax Super Neat in the purple can is more of a creamy texture and it's hold is much lighter than any Layrite product for me. Even though it's a cream, it's still more of an old school "greaser" product because of the ingredients. Layrite is the new technology, water based edition of the old school greases. These two products are not at all similar and you'll have to be the one to decide if it's worth the $$$.

Suavecito is *very* similar to Layrite but their prices are a bit lower. Layrite was the original if that means anything to you. I find both lines excellent and worth the $$$.

And a place to buy all three lines:

6 905