11-30-2012, 12:24 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: P1260006.JPG?m=1354305120]

This is a shaving cream (or soft soap) I had the chance to try out in the past , and now , thanks to Dave (thanks mate !) , I have the chance to use it again , and re encounter with its great scent !A scent that it could compete hand by hand with some other famous ones out there , like the Truefitt and Hill 1805 (the fragrance of the British Empire) , Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College , and even , Acqua Di Parma , having the RazoRock Fresco a more "oceanic" notes , but almost same base.

[Image: P1260007.JPG?m=1354305225]

The RazoRock Fresco is what we like to refer as a "croap" , which is basically or a soft soft or a hard cream.The Fresco has the consistency (for me) or a very dense shaving cream , this is why I say that its a shaving cream.

"Fresco" means "fresh" in several languages , and some people could think that this "freshness" comes from being a mentholated based shaving cream , like Proraso , but this is not the case , Im afraid : this cream doesn't contains any menthol , camphor or Eucaliptus oil at all , as you can read on its ingredients :

[Image: P1260008.JPG?m=1354305224]

So we can read that is a veggie based shaving cream (unless its Stearic Acid comes from tallow , which I dont know and it wouldnt surprised me either) , with some Palm and Coconut Oils.No traces of parabens , SLE/SLE'S , Boric Acid , being a very natural cream, and either lanolin , shea butter or any other "goodie" , but this cream doesnt really needs it to provide excellent shaves.

Its lather is very rich , dense and slick , but this is not something not surprising for me , after trying so many Italian made soaps and creams.This is a shot of the lather I got with an Omega 10250 boar brush :

[Image: P1220621.jpg]

The skin care properties are there , but if you have extra dry skin , like I do , a pre shave oil/cream/gel would be good for you.The lather , once again (and no surprise) is very , very slick , I guess due to the richness in Palmitic/Strearic Acid.If you are looking for a very slick cream , add this one to your list.

If yesterday I was mentioning "La Dolce Vita" on the Santa Maria La Novella shaving cream thread , I could say the same about the scent of this shaving cream , which makes me think of summer and places like the Amalfi coast or the Greek Islands.And why is it so ? RazoRock Fresco is named "Fresh" after its scent , which , as I wrote at the beggining of this article , is an aquatic or oceanic version of Aqua Di Parma/RazoRock XXX.
Its scent is fresher , like a good Eau de Toilette from the past , like 4711 , but with more "character" and style.Yes , I know what Im writing and I have tried two tubs of this cream , so I think I know it a little bit by now...The scent also last through the shave and I would LOVE for RazoRock to create an aftershave balm which matches this cream scent.That would be simply fantastic.

If we also add that this cream has a very inexpensive price , and its available in many online stores , then we have another cream for the lovers of fresh , elegant , stylish scents which wants to live "La Dolce Vita" or just enjoy a great , aromatic shave.

And to finish , I would like to say : VIVA L'A ITALIA !!!

86 7,123
 11-30-2012, 01:14 PM
User Info
Good review! I was surprised by the scent description. Like you mentioned, I had thought this was a menthol soap similar to Proraso green. I guess I had never looked at the ingredients before.

10 2,062
 11-30-2012, 01:19 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Oh yeah! Definitely a summer favorite, but my summer is about 10 months a year, so good all year long Biggrin

88 4,233
 11-30-2012, 01:26 PM
User Info
One of my favorites!

0 836
 11-30-2012, 06:14 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
This is one of the few RazoRock croaps I haven't tried yet. I'll have to get around to it.

45 3,955
 12-01-2012, 12:47 AM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Washington State
User Info
Well, you've convinced me to order one!

35 1,726
 12-04-2012, 12:45 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I have this and like it a lot.

The description even says "watermint" scent. I'm not sure what watermint is, but I expected some menthol.

Perhaps a superlather w/ 444 is in order.

10 1,858