12-02-2012, 11:40 AM
User Info
Saw this video through Facebook which is about a famous Dutch soccerplayer getting a shave by a Spanish barber. He has a "barbe superdura", which the barber hasn't seen in his 45 years of experience!

Nice to see. They talk about football, but for us, the materials and the way he gets his shave is also interesting.

Don't know if this is the right subforum so sorry if it isn't.

Eric

0 224
 12-02-2012, 11:43 AM
User Info
So cool! Except the shavette part. Sad

It was really interesting to see how he loaded the brush. Which appears to be boar.

9 2,988
 12-02-2012, 12:06 PM
User Info
That's true, the shavette part doesn't look that professional.

Loading the brush and meanwhile soaking the cream is something I had not seen before.

0 224
 12-02-2012, 12:13 PM
User Info
Glad to hear that it wasn't just new to me. Not that I'm a cream expert. Tongue Just badger hair. And only because I have to be.

9 2,988
 12-02-2012, 12:20 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
That place is located in Madrid , Spain , close to 'Plaza Mayor", and the barbershop is called , "El quinze de cuchilleros" , one of the most famus barbershops in Madrid.
The barber needs to use a shavette not a straight , for hygienic reasons.He is also using "Antesol" by Myrsol as a pre , and Lea Professional shaving cream (gret memories of my grandpa wusing this cream).I dont recognize the brush , but seems to be a boar one , maybe an old "Tres Claveles"? No idea.He is also saying that the player has an extra super hard beard , but a beard with matches a hard and excellent player on the pitch (he must be a Real Madrid supporter...).I dont know what he uses as aftershave.
Next time I stop by my Fatherland , I would love to go to that barbershop.

86 7,124
 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM
User Info
Hi Teiste,

Together we can get to a full translation of this video. The barba superdura was translated and I understand that the shavette was for hygiene.

The aftershave part was sunbtitled that it would "relax the skin again" so not sure if it was just an aftershave.

Ruud van Nistelrooy was celebrated in Madrid, which you can see when he gets out of the barbershop.

0 224
 12-02-2012, 12:38 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-02-2012, 12:36 PM)Barbieredfigaro Wrote: Hi Teiste,

Together we can get to a full translation of this video. The barba superdura was translated and I understand that the shavette was for hygiene.

The aftershave part was sunbtitled that it would "relax the skin again" so not sure if it was just an aftershave.

Ruud van Nistelrooy was celebrated in Madrid, which you can see when he gets out of the barbershop.

He truly was , my friend.

Do you want me to translate what the barber says?

I dont know what is on that bottle he uses at the end as aftershave , to be honest , either the cream it seems he applies.

86 7,124
 12-02-2012, 12:44 PM
User Info
Hi Teiste,

Thanks for the offer but most was subtitled and the other guys is interviewing Ruud after a long break due to an injury.

It is just nice to see thse kind of videos. Ruud surely has a heavy beard.

0 224
 12-02-2012, 01:16 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Now this video is on TSN youtube channel.Thanks Eric.

86 7,124
 12-02-2012, 02:04 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Very interesting video. Thanks for sharing with us.

14 1,177
 12-02-2012, 02:14 PM
User Info
(12-02-2012, 01:16 PM)Teiste Wrote: Now this video is on TSN youtube channel.Thanks Eric.
That makes me a proud contributor!

0 224
 12-02-2012, 02:42 PM
User Info
Interesting! I enjoy seeing someone who knows what they're doing with a straight (a shavette is still a straight, yes?) ply their craft. Made even more interesting becasue that hand will never be mine. Or so I say now, things do have a way of changing.

32 6,312
 12-02-2012, 06:29 PM
User Info
Thanks for the video, Eric!
It must be a tad old as Rudd van Nistelrooy is no longer on Real Madrid. Great video, interesting way to load a brush with cream and what a great beard he has!

75 20,884
 12-02-2012, 09:25 PM
  • Kavik79
  • Albany, NY - USA
User Info
very interesting vid

I would trust using a razor that others have used, if I knew it had been soaked in an antiseptic. If you ask me, there's as much a chance that someone got blood on the blade guard of that thing, but more of a chance that people get lax about sterilizing them since the blade gets replaced.
I've also heard some places don't even allow barbers to use a brush to apply the soap for hygienic reasons.
I'd happily bring my own brush and razor if there was a place near me with an old school barber who knew what he was doing, it'd be a nice treat once in a while Smile

Like others said, that way of loading the brush is new to me too. Then again I've only ever used hard soap, I've never tried cream, so I guess that's no surprise lol

What was more interesting to me though was the way he pinched the face rather than just laying his fingers flat and stretching the skin, I've never seen it done that way before, I may have to give that a shot sometime just to see how it differs

10 411