12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
User Info
Simply put, no. Biggrin

31 8,060
 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
I am getting close to content with DE shaves. I prefer OC razors and have several to choose from. I may ultimately get rid of all my solid bar razors ( except for my beloved Feather SS ). Aftershave products are stable, Speick, Trumper's SF and Prorasso Balm. Blades, I keep going back to Feather. Soaps, hard MdC, Klar Seifen, soft Castle Forbes and cream Prorasso.

But, alas, I got into straights and now am constantly experimenting again! Oh, will it ever end? Biggrin

19 574
 12-03-2012, 05:35 PM
  • A28
User Info
hmmm content.... does that mean being ok with what you have but would still like some new stuff?
For me im content with Tobs shaving cream and as and have only ever 1 other arko cream.
For De razors im more than happy with my fatboy but still wanna try other DEs but am not seeking out in an AD fashion.
For straights Im not content cause i still havent got the hang o even stropping!!
Haha so thats meBiggrin

just to add thought every now and then ill see something new thatll send me into an AD Biggrin

3 316
 12-03-2012, 09:00 PM
User Info
A28, content as in a pig in a sweet cream wallow. There's always more cream to be poured in right? Eat, and wallow and a big $--t eatin' grin. A "ain't life great" sort of shave(s), that is, it just can't get any better so no need to scurry around any more.

I feel that way with most every shave, of course when I do my part. I'm the fly in the ointment at times when I challenge myself or don't have my mind on my shave (rarely now), but the hardware and software is Thumbup .

32 6,584
 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM
  • A28
User Info
(12-03-2012, 09:00 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: A28, content as in a pig in a sweet cream wallow. There's always more cream to be poured in right? Eat, and wallow and a big $--t eatin' grin. A "ain't life great" sort of shave(s), that is, it just can't get any better so no need to scurry around any more.

I feel that way with most every shave, of course when I do my part. I'm the fly in the ointment at times when I challenge myself or don't have my mind on my shave (rarely now), but the hardware and software is Thumbup .
Well then content I am not! haha im very happy with my shaves but have slight tickles of finding something better so im envious indeed shadowdad

3 316
 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM
User Info
I am pretty much content. There are 2-3 soaps and 2-3 creams I still want to try, but no rush. Having a preference for soaps, I find that my favorite is one of the first I tried -- D. R. Harris. You would have thought I would have gotten a clue to begin with -- if they have been in business for 223 years, they must be doing something right!

Now if I could only get my sons-in-law on board. They are still using carts, but then again they're still young (under 40) so there's time. They have had their eyes opened with quality soaps and brushes, so maybe there is hope.

17 388
 12-04-2012, 03:49 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I'm content. In the past I've tried some DE's, straights and such that came highly recommended by others only to find out that MMMV. I'm lucky in that I don't like collections of anything, I don't need many things because I know I'll always grab for what works best for me anyway and the rest will just be lying around. But I do enjoy reading other peoples reviews and experiences.

39 1,606
 12-04-2012, 11:10 AM
User Info
There's few areas in life in which you can achieve perfection.If a perfect shave is what you desire,then fortunately it isn't that difficult to find the tools that make it possible if one doesn't get caught on the slippery slope of constantly changing variables.I've found the shaving tools that aid me in achieving perfection and use the same equipment almost every day.

7 413
 12-08-2012, 10:37 PM
User Info
I will be content if I live long enough to use up the stuff I already have.

0 500
 12-08-2012, 11:53 PM
User Info
(12-08-2012, 10:37 PM)squire Wrote: I will be content if I live long enough to use up the stuff I already have.

+1 and to add to that, and stop buying new stuff.

9 3,072
 12-09-2012, 06:52 AM
User Info
I am there. I've been trying to simplify, but still have 3 razors, too many brushes, enough blades to last forever and a day, and a handful of soaps, creams, and Superior 70. My rotation has slowed down to using the same gear for a few weeks or months at a time until I get bored and want to try something else. About the only purchases I make any more are to replace something I finished up. I'm finally in the money saving mode as I don't think I have spent much more than $10 on shaving supplies in the better part of a year.

18 596
 12-09-2012, 07:05 AM
User Info
(12-04-2012, 11:10 AM)razorx Wrote: There's few areas in life in which you can achieve perfection.If a perfect shave is what you desire,then fortunately it isn't that difficult to find the tools that make it possible if one doesn't get caught on the slippery slope of constantly changing variables.I've found the shaving tools that aid me in achieving perfection and use the same equipment almost every day.

This seems to be the most satisfying result for me also.

30 1,292
 12-09-2012, 10:11 AM
User Info
(12-08-2012, 10:37 PM)squire Wrote: I will be content if I live long enough to use up the stuff I already have.

I just posted a similar sentiment in another forum. Signs011

0 554
 12-09-2012, 12:36 PM
User Info
I switched to DE shaving almost a year ago, and madly trolled the various fora, looking for deals on soaps and creams to try. I started down this road because the expense of cartridge razors had just gotten ridiculous.

Right out of the chute, I bought a EJ DE89L and found someone selling off some creams and soaps, a couple of tubs of TOBS, a Bigelow tube, and a PSGT. they threw in some Adidas AS. Since then, I have gotten a couple of other soaps, a couple of other creams, replaced my original VdH badger with 3 outstanding brushes (one boar and 2 mixes). I managed to luck into Astra SPs. I may try something from time to time, but until I work through some of the stuff that I have, I am content.

As far as hardware goes, I still see razors that I covet, if an EJ Chatsworth fell into my lap I wouldn't complain, I still look at the items for sale. But in the end, the idea that made me switch is still in the back of my mind, economy. That fact (and a wife who studies karate) keeps me from succombing to the various ADs. There are a few things that if I ran across them at the right price I would buy, but if I don't, thats ok.

1 69
 12-09-2012, 12:47 PM
User Info
(12-08-2012, 11:53 PM)asharperrazor Wrote:

+1 and to add to that, and stop buying new stuff.

A MEn brother!!!Wink

30 1,292
 12-16-2012, 11:05 AM
  • wingdo
  • The Dude Abides
  • Florida
User Info
Brian,

I have reached my level of content with my latest order. The only thing I still want is one of your hip flasks, but that is just for show. I am great with razors, brushes and my final rotation with soaps is a dream as well.

My finalized rotation is available to be seen by clicking on my name as it's in my profile.

129 4,000
 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM
  • DaveL
  • Houston, Texas
User Info
I've gone a little beyond content in deciding to reduce the amount of stuff in my Nook. Starting in January I'm going to sell off some razors and brushes.

2 136
 12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
User Info
i may be minimizing my razors to two, very soon, so i guess i am content with them. Two brands that is, not just two razors. Hee hee. That would be ludicrous! Hee hee. Two razors! Hee hee.

91 21,286
 12-17-2012, 02:17 PM
User Info
Hey guys, content doesn't mean a minimalist shave nook. Just that you're sitting in the shade enjoying a mint julep, well shaving wise anyway Cool . I wouldn't much want to sit in the shade in Maine with a drink in my hand this time of year. Biggrin That's if you could find shade since all of our deciduous trees are naked (and covered in snow).

32 6,584
 12-17-2012, 02:22 PM
  • wingdo
  • The Dude Abides
  • Florida
User Info
(12-17-2012, 02:17 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Hey guys, content doesn't mean a minimalist shave nook. Just that you're sitting in the shade enjoying a mint julep, well shaving wise anyway Cool . I wouldn't much want to sit in the shade in Maine with a drink in my hand this time of year. Biggrin That's if you could find shade since all of our deciduous trees are naked (and covered in snow).

Oh, I've got a dozen or so brushes in the rotation (still drooling at one Plisson), 9 top soaps and another half dozen secondary rotation soaps, and 8 razors (One Joris short here too). But I'm pretty content with the current stash. I've just got to stop reading reviews ....... AaaaaAaaaaAaaaa

129 4,000