12-03-2012, 12:45 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
It has arrived. Just received a sweet 56 Red Tip from off of E-Bay. It looks like it is in great shape. The only brassing is on the inside bottom plate and it has a few nicks in the red paint which seems to be the norm. The rest of the razor is nice and shiny. For what I paid compared to what they have been going for I got a great deal. It cleaned up nicely and is on deck for tonight. The reason I bought one is I already have a 54 Flair Tip that is a nice razor in excellent condition, only the shaves I get are not as close as I'd like. With my other razors it seems the shave lasts longer before I start getting stubble. I really like the 54. It's a beautiful razor that came cased. Just not totally satisfied with the end results. So there she sits. My Red Tip should have more teeth. I am excited to give it a try. Tell me Oh Swami's of the Wet Shave World, can I expect a big difference between the 2?

[Image: msglfk.jpg]

5 1,151
 12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
User Info
She looks great. I've never used any of those but it is commonly reported that the Red Tip is the most efficient of these varieties. You'll have to share your thoughts after you give it a spin.

31 7,912
 12-03-2012, 08:16 PM
User Info
The Red Tip is definitely the most aggressive of all the Super Speeds. Good luck and enjoy.

75 20,883
 12-03-2012, 08:25 PM
User Info
For me the regular Flare Tip SS was about like a Slim set on 2, while the Red Tip was more like one set on 6.

183 12,002
 12-03-2012, 10:40 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Gave that baby a ride. What a great little razor. Loaded her with a Red Personna and away we went. Shaves like a dream. In the last week I've acquired 2 great razors. I have to say I've been doing my homework and listening to you more experienced wet shavers. It's through your guidance that I now know what I want from my equipment. And once I have that equipment how to get the results that we all strive for.... Thanks my Shave Nook brethren!!!

5 1,151
 12-04-2012, 08:59 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
A great looking razor.

1 3,507