12-04-2012, 05:52 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
A few weeks ago I noticed the DE blades in Dollar General looked different.So I took down a pack and inspected them.Made in South Korea.Hmm,probably Dorco's.No more ASR's. I thought and put them back on the peg.

Yesterday I picked up a pack out of curiosity.Today I gave them a try,with some trepidation.

I did a warm water face wash/massage,then some Noxzema skin cream as a preshave that I let soak in for about 5 minutes.I did a hot soak of the brush,bowl and razor.I face lathered w/VDH deluxe and attacked my two day stubble with my Star DE.The blade tugged at the whiskers and drug across my face.Not quite bouncing/skipping but definitely dragging.After 3 passes wtg,atg and diagonal. I ended up with an okay shave w/no irritation.If these are Dorco's they are better than the SE's that dorco puts out.But other than that compliment, I would place them in the category of a 4 use Derby or a 5 use Wilkinson blade.

Okay for emergency use I guess.I won't be buying another pack.

0 274
 12-04-2012, 06:05 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Dorco DE Blades are better than their SE blades but I agree with your assessment. Not a good blade for me.

116 3,804
 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
Dorco is taking over, two local grocery stores in my area that carried ASR (Gem, Treet, Pal SE's and Personna DE's) have switched to these South Korea Dorcos as well. I wish I had know I would have stocked up on the SE blades.

2 500
 12-05-2012, 09:56 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Dorco ST300 are an okay blade for me. Not super sharp, but very smooth. I rate them better than Derby in terms of smoothness and about as sharp. I get a very irritation-free shave from them, though not always the super BBS I get from sharper blades. I just picked up a 100 pack of them for $8 delivered. I figured for that price I can have a stash of them. I use them when my skin is feeling sensitive and I am not looking for BBS. They treat me well at those times. I think they are very good quality, just not super-sharp. I am not sure what they re-brand to put on dollar store shelves, but the ST300 is a pretty decent blade in a not-super-sharp category.

25 1,695
 12-05-2012, 03:51 PM
User Info
I get two pretty good shaves from them and then they get tossed. Not worth buying any more.

0 836
 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I used the ASR Blades and they are not bad.

But, I would rather order a 100 or so of other blades than get stuck with a super cheap blade from the store.

1 819