12-05-2012, 10:47 AM
User Info
Does anyone have experience with Truefitt and Hill Sandalwood shaving cream? (Pros, cons, scent, performance).

10 605
 12-05-2012, 11:33 AM
User Info
It's a cologne scent. No real sandalwood. Shoud have been named MARINE OCEAN and not Sandalwood Undecided

22 5,075
 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Im not a big fan of Sandalwood scents , but the T&H is not even my favorite ( I mean , the current one).Good skin care properties , but I dont like its scent , to be honest.
Ill rather even get the TOBS sandalwood cream/soap before the T&H one.
The Cyril R Salter and the Vulfix sandalwood smells the same than the old The Body Shop shaving cream (not the Maca Root) , which had so many lovers/followers.
If you ask me the best scent from T&H , I will tell you Lavender , 1805 , Trafalgar and Grafton in that order.

86 7,124
 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM
User Info
To me, the T&H is great for the skin and lathers beautifully, like all T&H creams, but doesn't have a very good scent. I prefer the TOBS.

185 12,010
 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM
User Info
I have some, it lathers easily. I am ok with the scent, but it's not my favorite.

31 1,800
 12-05-2012, 10:02 PM
User Info
I have the TOBS sandalwood, which smells awesome, actually is one of my favorite scented creams. T&H caught my eye, maybe because I haven't tried any product from them... And I just feel the need to... (SAD), I'll follow Teiste's advice and give it a go on the Lavender, since I am very fond of the Lavender scent (inluding it's varieties)

10 605
 12-05-2012, 10:23 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-05-2012, 10:02 PM)HoracioAR Wrote: I have the TOBS sandalwood, which smells awesome, actually is one of my favorite scented creams. T&H caught my eye, maybe because I haven't tried any product from them... And I just feel the need to... (SAD), I'll follow Teiste's advice and give it a go on the Lavender, since I am very fond of the Lavender scent (inluding it's varieties)

If I would have to choose only one lavender scent , I will choose the T&H Lavender , which reminds me of the old Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica EDT.

Un saludo cordial , amigo.

86 7,124
 12-05-2012, 10:40 PM
User Info
(12-05-2012, 10:23 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 10:02 PM)HoracioAR Wrote: I have the TOBS sandalwood, which smells awesome, actually is one of my favorite scented creams. T&H caught my eye, maybe because I haven't tried any product from them... And I just feel the need to... (SAD), I'll follow Teiste's advice and give it a go on the Lavender, since I am very fond of the Lavender scent (inluding it's varieties)

If I would have to choose only one lavender scent , I will choose the T&H Lavender , which reminds me of the old Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica EDT.

Teiste, have you tried The Art of Shaving Lavender cream? So far is the best Lavender I have ever tried and I have already finished my tub. Maybe it is time to move on and get the T&H, Thanks for your help!

Saludos!

10 605
 12-05-2012, 10:55 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-05-2012, 10:40 PM)HoracioAR Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 10:23 PM)Teiste Wrote:

Teiste, have you tried The Art of Shaving Lavender cream? So far is the best Lavender I have ever tried and I have already finished my tub. Maybe it is time to move on and get the T&H, Thanks for your help!

Saludos!

Yes my friend , I have tried the AoS lavender , the Castle Forbes lavender , and many others , like the TOBS , DR Harris , and still , the T&H is my favorite.

86 7,124
 12-05-2012, 11:16 PM
User Info
I love the scent of this. A nice modern take on Sandalwood IMO.

7 1,179
 12-07-2012, 07:50 AM
User Info
Enough said! T&H will be on my next purchase!

10 605
 12-08-2012, 07:13 AM
  • njpaddy
  • Central New Jersey
User Info
Buying the samples for under $9 is the way to go. I finished off my T&H samples last month. As far as performance, I found T&H creams one of the best. The Sandalwood scent was cologne-ish but good. The Con for me was that the scent lasted too long, through the shave and beyond. The Sandalwood scent stayed in my brush for several days, even after using it with the Almond cream. The T&H scents I liked the most were Ultimate Comfort (a more subtle lavender than the regular lavender), Rose and Trafalgar.

0 204
 11-18-2014, 11:33 AM
User Info
It is a strong sandalwood scent, but a great one I think. It's quite powerful, and I prefer Proraso red's extra mild sandalwood, and the D. R. Harris is fine stuff too. Along with all the soaps and creams by Truefitt & Hill, it out-performs most of the competition in terms of lather and the ability to give a truly great shave. It's a bit expensive, but I like to sometimes indulge myself in the little luxuries of life - like shaving cream/soap.
I may not drive a Cadillac, but I can shave with Truefitt & Hill or Martin de Candre by golly!
Euro

5 394
 11-19-2014, 02:40 AM
User Info
have not smelled the cream but the cologne is not very sandalwood ish at all , quite modern smelling

0 60
 11-20-2014, 11:37 PM
User Info
(12-05-2012, 11:33 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: It's a cologne scent. No real sandalwood. Shoud have been named MARINE OCEAN and not Sandalwood Undecided

I have to agree…I have a tub and can't get any sandalwood…all i get is a warm peppery scent. It does lather well….but the scent does nothing for me otherwise. Cant see myself repeating.

0 54
 11-24-2014, 06:28 PM
User Info
I am a sandalwood guy and love both proraso and aos. I have a tube of t&h but haven't tried it yet. I have sniffed it and thought it to be more cologne type scent, but liked it none the less and an anxious to try it.

11 57