12-06-2012, 07:48 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I have two of the LaFamiglia line soaps, (TFS, I know) and while the Zi' Peppino is quite fragrant, the Nonno Michelino scent is either non- existent or I am anosmic to it.

This is not necessarily a true complaint since the performance of the soap is truly outstanding and even though I had previously read that the NM scent is subtle, I was expecting to get *something* out of it, especially considering that sandalwood is a potent base note.

Is everyone that uses this soap experiencing something similar?

Eric

6 905
 12-06-2012, 08:00 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I don't know if there is a true sandalwood scent but the scent it strong for me, balm even stronger.

88 4,233
 12-06-2012, 08:31 AM
  • TonyN
  • Lawrenceville, GA US
User Info
I also find the scent almost non-existent. It's still a great performer, but I won't buy another when this is finished because I do like more scent in my soaps.

1 430
 12-06-2012, 10:27 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(12-06-2012, 07:48 AM)EHV Wrote: I have two of the LaFamiglia line soaps, (TFS, I know) and while the Zi' Peppino is quite fragrant, the Nonno Michelino scent is either non- existent or I am anosmic to it.

This is not necessarily a true complaint since the performance of the soap is truly outstanding and even though I had previously read that the NM scent is subtle, I was expecting to get *something* out of it, especially considering that sandalwood is a potent base note.

Is everyone that uses this soap experiencing something similar?

Eric

I think there must be a bit of inconsistency in the La Famiglia line as far as scent strength is concerned. My Zi' Peppino has very little fragrance and my Don Marco that I got secondhand as part of a lot (approx. 50% remained) is very strong and enjoyable.

127 2,395
 12-06-2012, 11:04 AM
User Info
I have hard water at home. My parents have much softer water. When I was visiting I noticed that all my products had much stronger scent. The two I noticed the most were my Krampert's Finest Bay Rum and the Nonno Michelino soap from RazoRock.

Now that I'm back home the scents are muted more, but will come out stronger again if I use filtered/distilled water. So try that out yourself and see if you notice a difference too.

31 7,914
 12-06-2012, 03:09 PM
User Info
(12-06-2012, 08:00 AM)beartrap Wrote: I don't know if there is a true sandalwood scent but the scent it strong for me, balm even stronger.

I've got the balm, and I agree -- there's a strong scent, and I'm not sure I really like it. It'll probably grow on me, though.

5 46
 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
User Info
My soap doesn't smell like much of anything either, kinda bummed me out I really like sandalwood.

2 805
 12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I tried both the RR version and the TFS version and I really liked the TFS version better...maybe it's just a manufacturing thing, but it seemed that the TFS version had quite a nice scent of freshly cut wood with some earthy under-tones. The RR variety hardly has any scent, and the soap seems much softer to me for some reason. I'll likely trade the RR variety that I have. I didn't care for the balm at all...to my nose it smelled like cardboard...

68 1,417
 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I also have a tub of the nearly non scented Nono. And i have soft water.

It and the other RR soaps have all gone to "the box in the basement."

47 1,382
 12-06-2012, 08:12 PM
User Info
(12-06-2012, 08:09 PM)MaxP Wrote: I also have a tub of the nearly non scented Nono. And i have soft water.

It and the other RR soaps have all gone to "the box in the basement."

Oh well. I thought it was a weird idea. The sense of smell is pretty unique.

31 7,914
 12-06-2012, 10:12 PM
User Info
You're not going to find a proper sandalwood scent in a product that cheap. Sandalwood oil is expensive.

12 1,243