12-06-2012, 08:19 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Well it is that time of the year when my family starts asking me what I want for Christmas.

They might pull their money together and get around 150 Dollars to buy me something special.

So what would you get if you had 100 or 150 to spend on Shaving Stuff?

Now ... I already have several Shaving Disorders so I have several brushes, many Safety Razors & Straight Razors, enough Soap and Cream to last 5 years, 200 razor blades and enough aftershave products to last 3 years.

Now that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like more.

I am thinking of getting another Safety Razor, maybe some more Soaps & Creams or maybe a Semogue Shaving Brush (Since I might be one of the only people on this forum that does not have one.)

So ... What Would You Get!!! (WWYG)

1 819
 12-06-2012, 08:37 AM
User Info
Simpson Chubby 2 in Best.

0 295
 12-06-2012, 09:00 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I think I would buy a very nice $150.00 kit, find a needy older gentleman, and present it to him. That way he could feel like a man again on Christmas day.

173 23,486
 12-06-2012, 09:08 AM
User Info
I think I would have a conversation with Mycarver about a custom Gold Dollar or blinging out a vintage one of a kind for me.

0 372
 12-06-2012, 09:25 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Have them give you a gift certificate from an online vendor that way you can take your time deciding what you want.

100 12,437
 12-06-2012, 11:23 AM
User Info
If you have something special / meaningful that you don't know what to do with, I'd contact Bob over at Elite Razor (Eskimo on our site) and talk to him about putting it into a custom brush. While I've been talking to him about various items I am having him make, he sent me these pictures of a brush he made for someone using old watch parts.

[Image: 30biufr.jpg]
[Image: 14sjvaf.jpg]
[Image: 332rllw.jpg]

He offers TGN, WSP and Shavemac knots so you can easily find something unique in your price range. I am going to have him make me up a brush in the spring, but I am still narrowing down what I want in the base. It's down to two items.

129 6,685
 12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
User Info
(12-06-2012, 11:23 AM)wingdo Wrote: If you have something special / meaningful that you don't know what to do with, I'd contact Bob over at Elite Razor (Eskimo on our site) and talk to him about putting it into a custom brush. While I've been talking to him about various items I am having him make, he sent me these pictures of a brush he made for someone using old watch parts.

[Image: 30biufr.jpg]
[Image: 14sjvaf.jpg]
[Image: 332rllw.jpg]

He offers TGN, WSP and Shavemac knots so you can easily find something unique in your price range. I am going to have him make me up a brush in the spring, but I am still narrowing down what I want in the base. It's down to two items.

Very cool!

0 295
 12-06-2012, 01:28 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
If you haven't experienced a Semogue, go for it and you'll still have enough left over to choose something else.

2 11,211