12-09-2012, 08:17 AM
User Info
I have this idea to make a razor and wanted to bounce it off a few who have used a razor or two. The razor is a 2 piece (smiliar to the Progress). The Adjustment is afforded thru a the comb portion that is an eleptical chape that an adjustment would turn the roller to increase the aggressiveness and the very highest adjustment would be an open comb. Almost like a turbo overdrive...whats everyones thoughts

4 158
 12-09-2012, 08:23 AM
User Info
(12-09-2012, 08:17 AM)ORGANIC MAN Wrote: I have this idea to make a razor and wanted to bounce it off a few who have used a razor or two. The razor is a 2 piece (smiliar to the Progress). The Adjustment is afforded thru a the comb portion that is an eleptical Shape that an adjustment would turn the roller to increase the aggressiveness and the very highest adjustment would be an open comb. Almost like a turbo overdrive...whats everyones thoughts

Are you talking about "sinking" the cap into a plate to create the closed comb and "raising" it to create the open comb?

Would the base plate be combed to create somewhat of a locking head around the blade at the "closed" setting?

I trying to get a visual of this, which is why the questions.

1 2,827
 12-09-2012, 08:40 AM
User Info
My apology for the lack of rendering..my Corel Draw is acting up!! The key item is the guard portion is an eleptical shaped rollin pin shapped item that when the adjustment is turned the roller is moved therefore changing the gap due to the roller being eleptical... let me know if that paints the visual

4 158
 12-09-2012, 12:53 PM
User Info
Any sketches of your idea?

75 20,883
 12-09-2012, 01:08 PM
User Info
I do have sketches but it only shows handle and head...doesnt show the roller bar that increases the gap

4 158
 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM
User Info
I don't see why a moving comb that would control blade exposure wouldn't work. It would be easier with a SE blade of some sort.

32 6,309