12-12-2012, 12:37 PM
User Info
Hey TSN,

I found these brushes online and they look they are priced quite competitively vs other China knotted brushes with similar handles and same specs.

Loyal Liu Wet Shaving Brushes

The Super Silvertip caught my eye for $49.90 shipped and the 2 Band Finest is only $38 shipped, plus they are for "Man Beard". Smile

Does anyone have any experience with them in terms of brush quality and/or the vendor?

Thanks,
Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

8 2,718
 12-12-2012, 12:54 PM
User Info
I will say that they lifted my pictures for some of their store photos. That alone would make me a bit weary of what they are offering.

My pictures:
[Image: null-41.jpg]

[Image: null-8.jpg]

"Theirs":
http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Free-...83785.html#

31 7,914
 12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
  • VT_Hokie
  • 2-Band Bandito
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
Those look exactly like the WSP brushes

13 599
 12-12-2012, 01:01 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-12-2012, 12:54 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: I will say that they lifted my pictures for some of their store photos. That alone would make me a bit weary of what they are offering.

Actually the first two , are mine , the ones I took from the WSP prototype!!!!

Gosh , what kind of "pirates" are those guys ??? And they even put the name of their "store".Man , thats hilarious , but If they cant even take a proper pic of their brushes , what kind of things are they truly offering ??? HuhHuh

(12-12-2012, 12:58 PM)VT_Hokie Wrote: Those look exactly like the WSP brushes

They took the pics from me and Brian !!! What the hell??? Cant they even take a proper pic of their stuff? That raised a big red flag to me.Like when I go to ebay and I see that one guy is selling a product with a lower price , but the pics are "generic" or even "stolen" from other vendor...

86 7,123
 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM
User Info
WOW, this is getting interesting....

so are they using your WSP brush pics Teiste, or is WSP selling Alibaba brushes with his logo on them?

8 2,718
 12-12-2012, 01:05 PM
  • VT_Hokie
  • 2-Band Bandito
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
The brush in the third pic looks nothing like the first two photo's that are Teiste's. Slightly different shape, different material, different knot.

Too funny.

13 599
 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-12-2012, 01:03 PM)Bruce Wrote: WOW, this is getting interesting....

so are they using your WSP brush pics Teiste, or is WSP selling Alibaba brushes with his logo on them?

Those are my pics , I dont know what part you cant understand from my post

http://shavenook.com/thread-wet-shaving-...-prototype

[Image: P1250610.JPG?m=1349361172]

[Image: P1250612.JPG?m=1349361222]

Seiously , a big red flag if they cant even take pics of their own products and have to "steal" them from guys like me hahahahahahahaha !!!

86 7,123
 12-12-2012, 01:10 PM
User Info
the source of the pics is irrelevant to me. where they came from is not my concern, but i can see how it would be to you guys, who took them.

that said, my flat out question is....are the WSP brushes purchased from Alibaba and then logod?

I know the big guys, Shavemac, M&F, Simpson turn their own handles, but I'm curious if these are IDENTICAL to the alibaba brushes.

I don't care about the pics, I am asking about the brushes they sell.

8 2,718
 12-12-2012, 01:10 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I own one of thier brushes in 2-band and while they are ok, for the same money you can get a Frank Shaving 2-band and have a much better experience. I think the LN brand is the same as my Lijun Brush which is a bit floppy for my taste, but it does make lather and I suppose to some that's all that matters.

For a couple dollars less you can get a VintageBlades Brush from Jim and make out much better since there is virtually no wait. The WSP brush is a nice economical brush, but is a little pricier.

As you can see there is a bit of a choice in these types of brushes. Good luck!

**Edit : Corrected some Spelling Errors

68 1,416
 12-12-2012, 01:11 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Apart from the dubious nature of the pictures, I would be hesitant about ordering from a seemingly unknown vendor on a '2nd tier' website.

102 17,671
 12-12-2012, 01:12 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I can't believe that. They shouldn't be allowed to do that but I guess how can you stop them.

45 3,955
 12-12-2012, 01:14 PM
User Info
(12-12-2012, 01:12 PM)tgutc Wrote: I can't believe that. They shouldn't be allowed to do that but I guess how can you stop them.

Alibaba or WSP?

I still want to know....are WSP just rebranded Alibaba brushes Huh

8 2,718
 12-12-2012, 01:15 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
The third picture is out of focus, over lighted, in the first post.
They have been pirated definitely.

1 3,507
 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I was talking about the pics but it does raise the point are they the same brush. Someone else will have to answer that.

45 3,955
 12-12-2012, 01:17 PM
User Info
Bruce, your question is one we all want to know. However, there is only one source that could tell us and I'm not sure you will be accepting of whatever answer you get from him unless it's the one you want to believe.

31 7,914
 12-12-2012, 01:18 PM
User Info
(12-12-2012, 01:10 PM)Bruce Wrote: the source of the pics is irrelevant to me. where they came from is not my concern, but i can see how it would be to you guys, who took them.

that said, my flat out question is....are the WSP brushes purchased from Alibaba and then logod?

I know the big guys, Shavemac, M&F, Simpson turn their own handles, but I'm curious if these are IDENTICAL to the alibaba brushes.

There's nothing wrong selling Chinese brushes Bruce. You'd do the same, if you can charge 30-40 bucks on top for an added logo.

As for the photos, you know how it works. Somebody directed the manufacturer to the WSP's threads here, he got the photos, easy and conviniet addition to his store.

2 180
 12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
User Info
Simpson turns their own handles, yes. I buy my handles from the same two factories in China that supplies probably 90% of the market.

It's a stock design. The factory sent me a sample and I liked it, so I went with it. I have no rights to the handle design. Nor do I think you can actually own handle design rights from what I've read.

Once it is daylight in China I will get to the bottom of this.

9 2,988
 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM
  • VT_Hokie
  • 2-Band Bandito
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
(12-12-2012, 01:14 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 01:12 PM)tgutc Wrote: I can't believe that. They shouldn't be allowed to do that but I guess how can you stop them.

Alibaba or WSP?

I still want to know....are WSP just rebranded Alibaba brushes Huh

(12-12-2012, 01:16 PM)tgutc Wrote: I was talking about the pics but it does raise the point are they the same brush. Someone else will have to answer that.

(12-12-2012, 01:17 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Bruce, your question is one we all want to know. However, there is only one source that could tell us and I'm not sure you will be accepting of whatever answer you get from him unless it's the one you want to believe.

A big +1 to all the above. I believe it's a fair question and one we deserve an answer to.

While this website in particular is clearly guilty of stealing photos, the prices on these brushes is WAY lower than those at WSP.

13 599
 12-12-2012, 01:23 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-12-2012, 01:18 PM)edgerunner Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 01:10 PM)Bruce Wrote: the source of the pics is irrelevant to me. where they came from is not my concern, but i can see how it would be to you guys, who took them.

There's nothing wrong selling Chinese brushes Bruce. You'd do the same, if you can charge 30-40 bucks on top for an added logo.

As for the photos, you know how it works. Somebody directed the manufacturer to the WSP's threads here, he got the photos, easy and conviniet addition to his store.

I should be flattered that they are using my pics BiggrinBiggrin

However , if they cant take proper pics of the brushes being offer by them , it says something to me , and not positive . I have learned the lesson with Ebay , the hard lesson , but thats another story.

Are they copying now the WSP brushes since they saw there is a trend now ? I never seen before any brush made in China with the WSP handles (Prince and Monarch) , and suddenly , now , out of the blue...HuhHuh Man , they can even copy brushes made in China !!! Biggrin Thats kind of hilarious on a way...

86 7,123
 12-12-2012, 01:26 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-12-2012, 01:20 PM)asharperrazor Wrote: Simpson turns their own handles, yes. I buy my handles from the same two factories in China that supplies probably 90% of the market.

It's a stock design. The factory sent me a sample and I liked it, so I went with it. I have no rights to the handle design. Nor do I think you can actually own handle design rights from what I've read.

Once it is daylight in China I will get to the bottom of this.

So ,are they copying your brushes , man ? But this is simply crazy ! HuhHuh

Please , keep us inform.Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction...

86 7,123