12-12-2012, 03:27 PM
User Info
I have a question for those of you with vintage butterscotch handled brushes (as opposed to modern Simpsons butterscotches and the like). Do you find that the butterscotch handled brushes tend to have floppier hair, with noticeably less backbone, than vintage brushes with faux ivory handles that have not changed color? That has been my general experience, at least with the vintage Simpsons, but I'm not sure if it is universal.

183 12,002
 12-12-2012, 03:58 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
(12-12-2012, 03:27 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I have a question for those of you with vintage butterscotch handled brushes (as opposed to modern Simpsons butterscotches and the like). Do you find that the butterscotch handled brushes tend to have floppier hair, with noticeably less backbone, than vintage brushes with faux ivory handles that have not changed color? That has been my general experience, at least with the vintage Simpsons, but I'm not sure if it is universal.

That is a very fascinating observation, I can't even think of how you even discovered this. The responses are sure to be interesting.

35 1,732