12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
The latest and the most elusive Proraso cream is finally here in Montreal, well - that is as far as I know, I'm the only guy here who has a tube of it!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--A pleasure to work up to lather. So rich and nice.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect. No problem for multi-passes.

General skincare: 9/10--Very soothing and gentle with a mild menthol sensation.

Scent: 10/10--Awesome. Not strong at all, at least not to my nose!

Price: N/A--I really don't know. It was a gift.

Would I buy again: 10/10--If it ever appears here, for sure!

Well, Proraso has created another treasure which I never thought I would get to try, and here it is. A cream with a beautiful scent which smells like classy cologne from Europe, the typical rich Proraso lather, and the menthol is back also, although not in a potent way - in fact it's not even as strong as the Proraso White bowl soap. I sure hope this great stuff will start selling in our stores.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 12-12-2012, 05:26 PM
User Info
I seen your SOTD. That's going to be on my after Christmas list!

31 1,800
 12-12-2012, 05:35 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Dave kindly sent me a sample and , for some reason , I dont like its scent that much...I will say , I dont like it at all.Reminds me of some medicine I had to take as a child which I truly disliked it Blush

But , I have to be brave enough and shave with it , and this review is the push I needed it : tomorrow , Proraso Blue , get ready...

86 7,123
 12-12-2012, 05:56 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Teiste, tu eres el mejor, mi hermano - I think with time you might get to like the scent! Smile

3 2,562
 12-12-2012, 06:12 PM
User Info
I'm with Teiste here. The scent is weird, not unscented - but aloe Vera hand cream mixed with some medicinal stuff, but still a weak scent - but not my fav. I prefer others over this, but still keep this in my den as the 44.th cream in my den - but the first to go if I cut down to 43 creams Wink

Nice stuff, but Proraso Red & Green smell much better than this blue stuff Cool

22 5,064
 12-12-2012, 10:50 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I have the red on deck for tomorrow and the blue sitting in my cart at IB awaiting a few things that tickle my trigger finger to order. The scent seems to be the only thing that some people don't care for, but I think that is similar to the reaction to the red version. At first the red reminded me of wet cardboard, but after using it a few times it is definitely a subtle woodsy scent that I now enjoy. I don't think I would wear an aftershave in the red type, but for shaving it is very nice.

127 2,390
 12-13-2012, 02:32 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Excellent review Jeff!

I adore this cream too. It performs just like the Sandalwood and Original, that is to say; fantastic!

The scent is not overpowering nor too complex IMO. I DO actually get a tinge of anise/licorice and it does have licorice extract in the formula. I can see how some would call it a "cologne" type of scent because it is really otherwise indescribable. I think the cream base is present plus the added natural ingredients and a minimally added scent to top it off.

Licorice extract is a very strong anti-inflammatory and so is aloe vera. I also get a very small cooling sensation from the Blue, no where near the Original or as Jeff says, even the White tub but it is noticeable yet minimal enough to still be comfortable on a cold, almost winter morning.

The skin care properties are similar to the Sandalwood, both being very good for me. The Original has less on the skin care front for my face. Always a YMMV of course.

I think that it's another winner and a cream that I would really like to always keep in the rotation. Now that the new Sandalwood soap in the bowl is available, I can only hope that the Blue will become available in that version one day soon.

6 905
 12-13-2012, 06:53 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I'm still using the old Proraso products, I think I need to get some new stuff!

Thanks Jeff for another great review.

91 17,854
 12-13-2012, 07:12 AM
User Info
Thanks for the nice review Jeff!

I'm afraid I can not agree with you on the scent.
It is a soft scent but i don't like it and find it a bit 'feminine'.
But that's just my nose Smile

4 365
 12-13-2012, 09:38 AM
User Info
I shaved with it last saturday, a true top performer, like all the proraso creams, but the scent... I have to agree with Teiste, it is kind of "medicinal", but on the good side, it is weak and not overpowering. Good stuff!

10 605
 12-13-2012, 06:10 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(12-13-2012, 07:12 AM)staggerlee Wrote: Thanks for the nice review Jeff!

Burak, thanks for the compliment on the review!

My wife does not like the scent of the cream, in fact she finds it has a fake scent, but I enjoy it very much. I find the cream has perfect skincare, and my brother-in-law just tried it also. He came here and had a shave with it, and he thinks the scent is manly and classy. He wishes I could get him a tube, but it is not marketed for Canada yet. Smile

3 2,562
 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Nice review! I have the Green Blue, and Red creams and the blue is my favorite. To me the blue and red are equal in skincare and are slightly better than the green. However I don't care much for the Reds scent but I like the Blues very much.

45 3,955
 12-13-2012, 06:34 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(12-13-2012, 06:10 PM)JAYDEE Wrote: Burak, thanks for the compliment on the review!

My wife does not like the scent of the cream, in fact she finds it has a fake scent, but I enjoy it very much. I find the cream has perfect skincare, and my brother-in-law just tried it also. He came here and had a shave with it, and he thinks the scent is manly and classy. He wishes I could get him a tube, but it is not marketed for Canada yet. Smile

Isn't this it?
http://www.italianbarber.com/proraso-alo...cream-tube

10 1,858
 12-14-2012, 04:37 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(12-13-2012, 06:34 PM)Songwind Wrote:
(12-13-2012, 06:10 PM)JAYDEE Wrote: Burak, thanks for the compliment on the review!

Isn't this it?
http://www.italianbarber.com/proraso-alo...cream-tube

Bingo!

3 2,562
 12-14-2012, 05:47 AM
User Info
THanks for the review. I've used the Proraso Blue ASB and liked the scent very much, but gave it away as I'm using fewer balms these days. This cream is on my list, literally...I have a list... of the shaving items I'll be buying after the 25th. Pleased to hear that folks are comparing it to the Red which is my very favorite cream.

5 298
 12-14-2012, 11:40 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I attended to shave my face with this cream today...I couldnt. Instead I used it for my head shave.The scent is something I cant really stand , Im afraid , but its a very slick cream , and left my head very smooth and shiny ! Also nice amount of menthol , nothing like the Proraso green , but enough noticeable. Now I need to try the new Proraso white on the tub.

86 7,123
 12-14-2012, 01:38 PM
User Info
Interesting shaving cream, licorice,menthol and aloe vera works great but Proraso dont export here in the Middle East,another great review,Jeff.

0 162
 12-14-2012, 01:56 PM
User Info
(12-13-2012, 06:10 PM)JAYDEE Wrote:
(12-13-2012, 07:12 AM)staggerlee Wrote: Thanks for the nice review Jeff!

Burak, thanks for the compliment on the review!

The performance is top-notch, no question about that.
I'm glad the scent works for you, my friend! Smile

4 365
 12-14-2012, 02:01 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
It seems we have another Arko case here : you love or very dislike the scent , but the performance is quiet good.My head is very , very smooth today after shaving it with this cream...Biggrin

86 7,123
 12-14-2012, 07:01 PM
User Info
Well, I'm willing to give it a go.

0 500