12-12-2012, 08:23 PM
User Info
I know that smells are very difficult to describe. But would appreciate you guys giving it your best shot. Looking for a gift for my father who likes Jovan, Mennen Green, Old Spice, and Stetson. (ya I know he's a little old school) But I have no idea what the FV smells like.

2 805
 12-12-2012, 10:37 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I don't have the Vigoroso but I have the Suave and from what I hear they smell the same. It's one of my favorites and I would describe it as sweet and powdery. When first applied it's a pretty strong powder scent but the dry down is nice and not nearly as strong. Based on the fact he likes Mennen Skin Bracer I think he would like this. They are both powdery with the difference being Floid also has a sweet smell to it.

45 3,955
 12-13-2012, 06:13 AM
User Info
The main impression I get is powdery/barbershoppy. There might be some kind of zing buried in there (citrus? I'm not 100%), but it's mostly just the most sublime barbershop smell you've ever smelled.

BTW, you might also consider Italian Floid (the amber stuff) -- it's a lot like Vig, but I'd consider it more subtle and balanced; probably my favorite aftershave around.

5 46