12-13-2012, 09:20 AM
User Info
Found in an antique store. A small hair tonic glass bottle - love the style.

But the big one... I have tried the Vegetal before and it was not a good fit but this is the Lilac Vegetal. Is there a difference? Note the indents along the side for a better grip and how it says, "Professional use only." Glass bottle and it appears unused, the only amount of liquid missing is probably due to evaporation. How old is this bottle?

[Image: pBJ80l.jpg]

[Image: 6ff3Al.jpg]

6 323
 12-14-2012, 10:25 PM
User Info
Well, I'm familiar with lilac vegetal and the only professional use of it I can think of is a garbage man who skips work and douses himself with this stuff later so his wife will actually think he was at work.

I realize I may be coming off as being too kind here but that's the sort of guy I am.

0 500
 12-17-2012, 07:56 AM
User Info
The indentations on the bottle are so you don't drop it as the room spins after you sniff it.

It's an interesting scent for sure. It smells about 29% good, 65% bad, and the rest ... something else. That's my own measurements.

There's no telling what aging will have done to it. Best to sit down first.

9 166
 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
User Info
Pay no attention to the haters! Tongue

What you have there, my friend, is liquid gold! This is the aftershave of the gods.

I don't know the age of the bottle but it looks very old and probably was intended for a barbershop.

I know plenty of people would take that off your hands!

Seriously, though. It might still be good, especially because of the high alcohol content. I have a bottle of Old Spice from the 50's that's still good.

If you don't dig the Veg, I can understand that. I love it...but the bottle itself is valuable to us Veg lovers who like to decant modern Veg into glass.

If I were you, I'd use it! Go ahead, try it!

I'm so jealous of you right now.

1 281