12-13-2012, 04:55 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Great idea for those of you who have the Feather Stainless DE....Most of us think the razor is too mild...cannot get a decent shave....BUT we love the look,feel and quality....So this is what I did....ordered the OC bottom plate from IKON for $37.50 plus $5.00 shipping and now the razor actually shaves fantastic. Ikon also sells the SB but reviews said it was too aggressive...don,t know have not tried it BUT the OC really is nice...fits the Feather perfectly and matches the color exactly.I know this is a great move and with this purchase I have saved what I considered a good looking ..never used work of art. Put the OSS head on the Feather and the new OC on the OSS...FANTASTICO and highly recommendedSmileShaving

6 1,913
 12-13-2012, 05:28 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
SOLD!!! Thanks, Harvey I've been waiting for someone to make this post. I love the Feather, but it's TOO mild for me to even consider using. Greg mentions on his website that the new base plates fit, but I wanted to read a member's experiences first.

Any pics?

91 17,798
 12-13-2012, 05:32 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Interesting ... I look forward to seeing photos of this stainless 'Frankenrazor'!

102 17,662
 12-13-2012, 06:10 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Sorry have zero photography skills but look at the OSS and imagine it OC and you got it...perfect fit and color match...in fact it almost looks like Ikon and Feather are one and the same for this model....I think I should have ordered the SB also..could have saved on postage.CoolSmile

6 1,913
 12-13-2012, 06:57 PM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
I shaved this combo three days ago and it still ate me up like it did with the iKon cap, no difference. I had hoped the Feather cap would chill it out a bit, but alas it continued to chew up my chin..

135 1,944
 12-13-2012, 08:08 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Was this the SB on the Feather or the OC on the Feather....I liked the OC combo so much I,m ordering the SB also just to experiment...Oh well I can always sell it I guess if it a face killer.Huh

6 1,913
 12-13-2012, 08:23 PM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
Ah, sorry for the confusion- I added the standard bar to the Feather cap and it was still too aggressive to my liking. The open comb iKon base added to the Feather cap is no different than the iKon cap and open comb base.

135 1,944