12-13-2012, 08:22 PM
  • A28
User Info
Hi everyone I've just got a feather rg shavette razor not too long ago and quite like it. Only thing is that my face gets pretty irritated after use I'm using the feather pro blades. Was wondering if I could get some input on wether you think this is bad technique or just the razor is to aggressive? I do have pretty sensitive skin any input is welcome especially from those that have feather shavettes. Thanks for reading.

3 316
 12-14-2012, 12:32 PM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
With this shavette the problem is either inadequate preparation, too many passes or (and most likely) too much pressure. I would start by reducing the passes (am assuming you are doing a 3 pass shave) and pressure. If you are doing ATG on the neck, stop and only do WTG and XTG. If this doesn't help, then it's time to check your prep and lather. Hope this helps.

16 545
 12-14-2012, 02:34 PM
  • A28
User Info
hmmm well darn i do a 3 pass shave its the only way i can get bbs and i am using a feather light touch thanks for the tips starting to think its just too aggressive

3 316
 12-14-2012, 03:47 PM
  • DoubleB
  • Zeeland, The Netherlands
User Info
If I recall right the Pro's are the most sharp and agressive blades. There are four blades. I don't know which of the four is the least agressive but you might want to look into that.
Also, people have reported considerable improvement of forgivingness and smoothness with palm stropping the blade. Could be worth a shot!

5 447
 12-14-2012, 03:53 PM
User Info
The Feather Pro blades are very sharp and unforgiving. i have the Feather DX non-folding and those blades always leave my face quite raw. They are even harsh in my Cobra. i would suggest the Kai Mild blades besides one or two of the other Feather blades. Good luck.

75 20,883
 12-14-2012, 04:58 PM
  • A28
User Info
Cool thanks for the tips I'm putting it in the buy sell trade though I'm pretty sure my sensitive skin is the problem Biggrin just weird cause my true straights never give me any irritation

3 316
 12-14-2012, 10:27 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
It's technique no doubt, of all my razors (straights & DE's) the feather RG and DX that I have (and a cobra) give me the smoothest and best shaves.

I don't think after only a few shaves you have it down, use a rather wet and not to thick lather, no pressure at all (what you call light might be to heavy) and you can get BBS with only two WTG passes.

Then again like with many razors this might be one that's just not for you.

27 1,297
 12-15-2012, 06:39 AM
  • A28
User Info
I have to agree with all your statements I also think my technique is off with the feather its very unique
funny enough my best shaves come from my Gillette fatboy with a feather blade

3 316