12-15-2012, 11:28 PM
User Info
Hello Gentlemen,

The Timor safety razor is a twist to open style DE razor.

The craftmanship is at the same level, maybe better than Merkur razors. Mine has a gunmetal finish, which makes it a handsome brush.

[Image: np53mb.jpg]

The TTO mechanism works great, with no problem. The pattern on the handles looks good and provides a solid grip. Timor logo on the bottom of the brush is a nice detail and is a representation of quality.

It is a mild razor. I can recommend it easily to the novice wet shaver. It is nearly impossible to cut yourself with the razor. Beacuse of the same reason it is impossible to have a close shave, that is not good for BBS shavers out there. My main goal is not close shave; it is a comfortable one with a presentable look, so it is not a big concern for me. If you buy the razor I recommend it to use with sharper blades like gillette yellow and feather. When used with a dull blade you may not feel shaved.

I liked the Timor TTO razor, it is a beautiful mild razor, great for beginners and is a joy to use.

Score: 8/10

4 365
 12-16-2012, 06:14 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you Burak for a nice review and picture. These are mild razors and appear to be built very nicely for the money. I believe they are made in China for Timor (Germany) and might be out of the same factory as the Weishi.

100 12,445
 12-16-2012, 07:16 AM
User Info
(12-16-2012, 06:14 AM)slantman Wrote: Thank you Burak for a nice review and picture. These are mild razors and appear to be built very nicely for the money. I believe they are made in China for Timor (Germany) and might be out of the same factory as the Weishi.

Thank you, Jerry.

I didn't know they were made in China. But i agree they are very well built, my friend. I have to find my Weishi now Smile

4 365
 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(12-16-2012, 07:16 AM)staggerlee Wrote:
(12-16-2012, 06:14 AM)slantman Wrote: Thank you Burak for a nice review and picture. These are mild razors and appear to be built very nicely for the money. I believe they are made in China for Timor (Germany) and might be out of the same factory as the Weishi.

Thank you, Jerry.

I didn't know they were made in China. But i agree they are very well built, my friend. I have to find my Weishi now Smile

I think the better and heavier Weishi razors are in the #9000 series. Check with David at Razorblades&More.

100 12,445
 12-16-2012, 10:44 AM
User Info
(12-16-2012, 08:02 AM)slantman Wrote:
(12-16-2012, 07:16 AM)staggerlee Wrote:

Thank you, Jerry.

I think the better and heavier Weishi razors are in the #9000 series. Check with David at Razorblades&More.

They look fine, and this one looks like my Timor;

http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/conten...rco-blades

4 365