12-16-2012, 05:18 PM
User Info
Are they different or same like proraso?

6 808
 12-16-2012, 05:33 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I ont understand what you mean by "like Proraso".None of the GFT creams contains menthol , but provides excellent shaves.

The soaps , Im afraid , that arent as good as they used to be , but Bullgoose still carrying some of the old Rose , Violet , Almond ones (all veggies based) with lathers with no problems and offers excellent skin care properties.Im telling you this since I got those soaps from that shop and they all lather fine.I wouldn't go for the new coconut and sandalwood ones , though.

The creams are more scented than the soaps and I do enjoy them a lot , specially the coconut one and the Violet.

86 7,124
 12-16-2012, 06:15 PM
  • Qhead
  • Cleveland, Ohio
User Info
I think he means is a scent of GFT soap similar to the same scent of GFT cream, like he feels Proraso soap is similar to Proraso cream? Galhatz is that what you are asking?

15 185
 12-16-2012, 08:19 PM
User Info
Yes, Prosaro soap and cream are practically identical, that was my point

6 808
 12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-16-2012, 08:19 PM)Galhatz Wrote: Yes, Prosaro soap and cream are practically identical, that was my point

Not the case of the Geo F Trumper soaps and creams.The creams are very easy to make lather with , the lather is quiet slick and also , are strong scented.Some of the Geo F Trumper soaps are impossible to lather or get a decent lather (case of the new Sandalwood and Coconut).If you get old Geo F Trumper soaps (both tallow or veggie based) would be excellent , but the new ones are lacking in some departments...

86 7,124
 12-22-2012, 12:04 AM
User Info
Is there any difference between the cream in the tub vs the 75gr tube?

6 808
 12-22-2012, 01:11 AM
User Info
Just get the tubs if you can afford them Biggrin

I own these GFT pots:

Sandalwood (sold, very nice scent out of the pot, but ashy smelling once used on my skin and I don't smoke)

GFT (cologne type lemon scent, I love it during summer and spring)
Coconut (I drank too much Malibu in my teens so hate coconut smell, but the performance of this cream is so good, I just mix it with I Coloniali Rhubharb cream and get incredible smooth shaves)
Almond (love this cream, almost can eat it.......I'm an almond freak Wink )

They make other fine creams, but the lavender, lime and violet all suffers from being dyed heavily - and I'm not into heavily dyed shaving creams.......just will never happen.

22 5,070
 12-22-2012, 03:01 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(12-16-2012, 08:22 PM)Teiste Wrote: ... If you get old Geo F Trumper soaps (both tallow or veggie based) would be excellent , but the new ones are lacking in some departments...

So what should we be looking for on the ingredients list to differentiate between the old and the new... ?

91 17,875