03-25-2012, 07:14 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: P1230415.jpg]

This is one of the made in UK shaving creams that its a "must" to try,since its scent its a classic and provides a good skin care protection.

The Arlington scent is possibly my favorite scent of all the shaving creams and soaps made in UK,and its citrus/fern notes are one of the most elegant fragrances that I have tried so far.

I got the cream from http://www.bullgooseshaving.net on the tube form,since its easy to store.The tube contains 75ml of cream and I like that it comes with a carboard box,unlike the new Geo F. Trumper Spanish Leather and Eucris shaving creams,which comes with the plastic tube that I like but no box.The box gives it a plus of nicer presentation,or at least to me it does.

[Image: P1230412.jpg]

It has almost the same ingredients than other made in UK shaving creams,like Truefitt and Hill or Geo F. Trumpers,but as Taylor of Old Bond Steet and Cyril R. Salter shaving cream formulations,the parabanes have been removed.

Its seems to me as another "Creightons creation".

These are its ingredients.

[Image: P1230413.jpg]

The texture of the shaving cream its dense,but maybe not as dense as other shaving creams like the Truefitt and Hill ones.However there are people who claims that there is differences in the texture of shaving creams on tub and the shaving creams that comes in tubes,the latest ones being less dense than the tub ones.

I dont know if that really affects the performance of the creams or its just different texture and thats all.

[Image: P1230414.jpg]

As a good,quality shaving cream,making lather from it its pretty easy and you can get a really thick and slick lather with no effort.

Heres a picture of the lather I made from it using a Simpson 57 best badger brush.

[Image: P1230417.jpg]

After trying the D.R. Harris shaving creams (not the rose) I found this one to be my fav one,however its not as slick as the lavender or the almond ones and its skin care its not top notch (I have s super dry skin).For me the Harris creams are a step behind in skin care properties than the Truefitt and Hill ones,which I consider the best,alongside the Geo F. Trumper coconut and the Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado.

But as I have said,the Arlington scent its simply SUPERB,one of the scents that satisfies me any time of the year and which I find most of the elegant ones out there.

86 7,123
 03-25-2012, 07:18 AM
User Info
Nice review, Teiste. Thanks. I don't need another cream, I really don't need another cream.....

184 12,002
 03-25-2012, 11:46 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I just got this scent in soap form, and am quite liking it so far.

10 1,858
 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
  • sp514
  • Toronto, Canada
User Info
(03-25-2012, 11:46 AM)Songwind Wrote: I just got this scent in soap form, and am quite liking it so far.

Same here, I tried it only it soap form. I agree with OP that it's a superb cream but I wasn't a fan of the scent.

0 115
 03-25-2012, 01:19 PM
User Info
(03-25-2012, 01:12 PM)sp514 Wrote:
(03-25-2012, 11:46 AM)Songwind Wrote: I just got this scent in soap form, and am quite liking it so far.

Same here, I tried it only it soap form. I agree with OP that it's a superb cream but I wasn't a fan of the scent.

Seconded. I've read nothing but good things about it, and I'd definitely use it if I got some for free, but I feel like if I'm going to buy a luxury shaving cream I should enjoy the experience. I know this isn't an aroma-therapy forum but I consider things like that.

0 19
 03-25-2012, 01:24 PM
  • sp514
  • Toronto, Canada
User Info
(03-25-2012, 01:19 PM)ProperAnimal Wrote:
(03-25-2012, 01:12 PM)sp514 Wrote:

Seconded. I've read nothing but good things about it, and I'd definitely use it if I got some for free, but I feel like if I'm going to buy a luxury shaving cream I should enjoy the experience. I know this isn't an aroma-therapy forum but I consider things like that.

Yeah, I think scent does play a huge role for all of us. Just look at how many people hate Arko Tongue Fantastic soap, "meh" scent

0 115
 03-25-2012, 10:55 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
The cream for me its SUPERB for its scent but and no that great in the skin care section,but I do have really dry skin.

86 7,123
 03-26-2012, 05:55 AM
  • HCB
User Info
Interesting . Do any creams contain tallow? The soap has some tallow in it if I remember correctly. Tallow for me is a great skin conditioner.

1 34
 03-26-2012, 07:23 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(03-25-2012, 10:55 PM)Teiste Wrote: The cream for me its SUPERB for its scent but and no that great in the skin care section,but I do have really dry skin.

Sounds like you need some Arlington aftershave milk to use after Mitchell's Wool Fat. Smile

10 1,858
 03-29-2012, 05:25 AM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
Another good review Teiste. Thanks mate. Smile

I have a tub of Arlington cream and like it loads.

The Arlington soap is, for me, the best smelling and best performing soap out there; it's a shame that whilst the cream smells nice, it doesn't smell as nice as the soap.

The Arlington AS Milk is a bit of a strange one though. It is an excellent AS balm performance-wise (in the same way as the standard D R Harris AS Milk is), it's smell is somewhat odd though. The fern scent is a bit overpowering, lingers for far too long and often reminds me of rotting vegetation.

Arlington cream or soap and the standard D R Harris AS Milk are an excellent combination though.

32 638
 03-29-2012, 07:11 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-29-2012, 05:25 AM)ajc347 Wrote: Another good review Teiste. Thanks mate. Smile

I have a tub of Arlington cream and like it loads.

The Arlington soap is, for me, the best smelling and best performing soap out there; it's a shame that whilst the cream smells nice, it doesn't smell as nice as the soap.

The Arlington AS Milk is a bit of a strange one though. It is an excellent AS balm performance-wise (in the same way as the standard D R Harris AS Milk is), it's smell is somewhat odd though. The fern scent is a bit overpowering, lingers for far too long and often reminds me of rotting vegetation.

Arlington cream or soap and the standard D R Harris AS Milk are an excellent combination though.

I have tried both the soap and the cream,and I would say that the soap smells a little bit weaker than the cream,but provides a better skin care protection.However,my fav Harrris soap is the Almond one.

86 7,123
 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
  • Brent
  • Columbus, OH
User Info
Great review. I've been looking at DR Harris soaps/creams but probably won't pull the trigger until I finish one of my current products in the rotation.

From the descriptors, I've been drawn to the Marlborough scent vs. Arlington. Teiste, what are your thoughts on the Marlborough scent?

0 353
 03-29-2012, 10:33 AM
User Info
(03-29-2012, 07:11 AM)Teiste Wrote: ...I have tried both the soap and the cream,and I would say that the soap smells a little bit weaker than the cream,but provides a better skin care protection.However,my fav Harrris soap is the Almond one.

It's funny, the postman just dropped off my first DRH - Almond, and I'm sniffing it as I'm typing. I don't smell any Almond. Actually, I don't know what the smell is, I just like it a lot. The only Almond I know is T&H, and I didn't like it.

2 180
 03-29-2012, 11:58 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-29-2012, 10:33 AM)edgerunner Wrote:
(03-29-2012, 07:11 AM)Teiste Wrote: ...I have tried both the soap and the cream,and I would say that the soap smells a little bit weaker than the cream,but provides a better skin care protection.However,my fav Harrris soap is the Almond one.

It's funny, the postman just dropped off my first DRH - Almond, and I'm sniffing it as I'm typing. I don't smell any Almond. Actually, I don't know what the smell is, I just like it a lot. The only Almond I know is T&H, and I didn't like it.
No,THANK GOODNESS it doesnt smell like the bittersweet almond Italian soap/creams scent...To me,smells like wet soil after rain,I really like it a lot!

86 7,123
 03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-29-2012, 09:42 AM)Brent Wrote: Great review. I've been looking at DR Harris soaps/creams but probably won't pull the trigger until I finish one of my current products in the rotation.

From the descriptors, I've been drawn to the Marlborough scent vs. Arlington. Teiste, what are your thoughts on the Marlborough scent?

Its a really dry scent,a Tabac scent but more sophisticated and with more deep notes.For winter or cold months its perfect,specially if you are looking for a woody scent,but for summer I dont see using it myself.

86 7,123
 03-29-2012, 12:55 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
I really struggled with the Marlborough scent when I tried it in soap form - it smelt like ashtrays to me.

My wife hated it as well, so it had to go.

If anyone wants to try some Arlington cream and Arlington AS balm I'll happily send some out as a PIF.

32 638
 03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(03-29-2012, 12:55 PM)ajc347 Wrote: If anyone wants to try some Arlington cream and Arlington AS balm I'll happily send some out as a PIF.

Hi

Would that be "Arlington Aftershave Milk"? If yes, I would love to try some Smile

Oops! I see you are in the UK, scrub the above, I wouldn't expect you to ship overseas.

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 03-29-2012, 03:10 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
(03-29-2012, 02:57 PM)mikeperry Wrote: Hi

Would that be "Arlington Aftershave Milk"? If yes, I would love to try some Smile

Oops! I see you are in the UK, scrub the above, I wouldn't expect you to ship overseas.

Take care, Mike

It's not a problem Mike.

I'm happy to decant some into a small plastic bottle and send it over.

32 638
 03-29-2012, 03:37 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(03-29-2012, 03:10 PM)ajc347 Wrote: It's not a problem Mike.

I'm happy to decant some into a small plastic bottle and send it over.

Hi

Is it the "Arlington Aftershave Milk" or one of the other "Arlington" post-shave products?

If the "Arlington Aftershave Milk" and you're ok! with shipping across the pond to this expat, I won't get in your way Smile

PM me if this is a go, so we can discuss further without taking up anymore space in this thread...

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
It's the Arlington Milk, Mike.

PM is on it's way.

32 638