12-17-2012, 03:00 PM
User Info
ALL SOLD except the Above the Tie Titan Razor Handle was moved to it's own thread. Thanks All/Shave Nook. * PLEASE ARCHIVE *

British Gillette Aristocrat.SOLD
This is a user grade razor that I bought with the intention of restoring but 2 days later bought an open comb Aristocrat I prefer. I believe it’s a #16 but it weighs 81g instead of the 82g listed for this razor on the Mr. Razor site (Aristocrat experts are welcome to chime in here). The finish, some of which came off as I was cleaning the razor for the first time, is largely worn off the doors. I stopped cleaning as soon as I noticed this so the sides of the razor and handle have never been cleaned. There is no visible rust. There is a truly minute amount of play between the handle and head that I only noticed as I was photographing the razor for this thread. It’s so small I can’t actually see it move but I can feel it wiggle ever so slightly when the doors are open. This tiny play is completely gone when the doors are tightened down. The TTO mechanism opens and closes the doors evenly. I have photographed the razor with the doors fully opened from using the TTO mechanism; they must be spread open further by hand to insert a blade. I don’t know if this is typical of this model (again – expert opinions welcome). There is the extra ¼ turn of the handle after fully tightened (though it is not the smoothest and may benefit from restoration). It shaves beautifully as is. I think this is one of the heavier or possibly the heaviest Aristocrat.
$75, add $3 for airmail.

Tradere Solid Bar Safety Razor and/or Tradere Frankenrazor with original box. SOLD
This has been one of my go to razors for the past two months, so it has light scratches/swirls on the head from use and cleanings, which don’t show up in the photographs. Both handles are fairly pristine. Serial number 00609 (easy to read upside down). I personally prefer the razor with the more expensive Above the Tie handle so I’m going to offer it with that handle or the Tradere handle or both; I have photographed the razor with both handles. You may buy either handle with it but not the head alone. The leftover handle is for sale as well but I will need to wait to confirm the sale of that until the razor is sold.

Tradere Razor with Tradere handle - $135 $130 SOLD

Tradere Frankenrazor with Above The Tie handle - $155 $150 WITHDRAWN

Tradere Razor with both handles: $185 $180 WITHDRAWN

Tradere Handle (short) - $40 SOLD

27 348
 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM
User Info
Thats a beauty for a replate, The Gillette # 16 I find is one of the smoothest Brit shavers out there, Im sure it wont take long for someone to grab that gem

39 691
 12-17-2012, 03:34 PM
User Info
Dang it man I wish this up earlier I just purchased a aristocrat

12 568
 12-17-2012, 06:12 PM
User Info
Just shaaaving a little of the price. Laughing1

27 348
 12-17-2012, 08:11 PM
  • A28
User Info