12-18-2012, 01:54 PM
User Info
Well, my Vintage Blades LLC brand brush came today.

First, let me say, I don't know much about brushes. My primary/every day brush is an Omega Pro 49. It's well broken in now and very soft on the tips. I use shave sticks exclusively and only face lather and it's up to the job.

I am, however, susceptible to brush burn from time to time especially when I lather more than 3 passes per day. I would only do this when testing a new soap I've ordered. I usually get brush burn because, while very good, the Omega can be scrubby.

Enter the VB branded brush in 22/52. I used it for the first time today and I have to say that this brush is order of magnitudes better than my Omega 49 in the same way that my Omega 49 is orders of magnitude better than my VDH boar. It has very good backbone and is sort of scritchy, at first. But, boy howdy, when it got wet the tips turned into "buttah"

I have my new favorite brush!

The good thing about this particular brush is that it was only $27.49!

You can find it here if you are interested. Please note, I am not affiliated with Vintage Blades LLC in any way. Just a satisfied customer.

It's not just a good brush "for the price", but a good brush by any standard. I recommend this brush without hesitation.

1 283
 12-18-2012, 01:58 PM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
Happy to see you keep finding yourself some good stuff dude.
Funny the "I am not affiliated ... " Biggrin

0 44
 12-18-2012, 02:02 PM
User Info
Russo,

I wish you could try this brush, man! It's fantastic. The Semogue you have is really nice, too, I'm sure, but wow, this brush!!!

BTW, would you like my VDH Badger? It's Pure Badger and I find it prickly. I'll PIF it to you if you want it. Also have a stick of D.R. Harris Lavander already in the box for you along with some frags.

Lance

1 283
 12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
User Info
Lance, congrats on the new brush! They are really something special and I am sure you will continue to enjoy yours. The tips are super soft so brush burn should be less likely with this brush.

We have a thread dedicated to the VB finest in the brush section, it's worth reading and contributing to if you haven't already.

63 2,128
 12-18-2012, 02:12 PM
User Info
Hi, cessnabird!

I like your videos and have conversed with you on the other forum. Glad to see you here.

Sorry, I didn't see another thread on the VB brushes. I'm super new here, so sorry about that. Can you post a link, just in case I can't find it?

Thanks!

1 283
 12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
User Info
It is great to see you over here as well, the Nook is a great place to hang out!

Here is the link to the VB thread.Biggrin

http://shavenook.com/thread-vintage-blad...and-finest

63 2,128
 12-18-2012, 02:16 PM
User Info
(12-18-2012, 02:15 PM)cessnabird Wrote: It is great to see you over here as well, the Nook is a great place to hang out!

Here is the link to the VB thread.Biggrin

http://shavenook.com/thread-vintage-blad...and-finest

Thank you!

1 283
 12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Threads like these dont help me to keep my money on my bank account ! Biggrin

I already have decided to get one of these brushes before the end of the year.

Regarding the "Im not affiliated to..." , I dont think that nobody will be questioning you here.These brushes have been reported to be good ones , specially for their price point , and when so many people agreed , means that they must be good brushes.

86 7,123
 12-18-2012, 02:21 PM
User Info
I've only used it once, Teiste, but I can say that I'm sold. This brush is fantastic.

Buy with confidence. Well worth the money, I think.

1 283
 12-18-2012, 02:32 PM
User Info
(12-18-2012, 02:19 PM)Teiste Wrote: Threads like these dont help me to keep my money on my bank account ! Biggrin

Regarding the "Im not affiliated to..." , I dont think that nobody will be questioning you here.These brushes have been reported to be good ones , specially for their price point , and when so many people agreed , means that they must be good brushes.

I can't believe you haven't picked one up yet Teiste, I figured you already had one and were getting ready to review it. Tongue

63 2,128
 12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-18-2012, 02:32 PM)cessnabird Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 02:19 PM)Teiste Wrote: Threads like these dont help me to keep my money on my bank account ! Biggrin

I can't believe you haven't picked one up yet Teiste, I figured you already had one and were getting ready to review it. Tongue

No , my friend , I have spent it my money in other items , but is still the 18th...I have plenty of time to get one before this year ends (well , in case that the Mayans weren't right , if not ...)Biggrin

86 7,123
 12-18-2012, 02:55 PM
User Info
Get iiiiiiiitttttt!
Tongue

1 283
 12-18-2012, 03:51 PM
User Info
I have no doubt that this brush is a great value and good quality. I just can't get past the handle. It does nothing for me. I know I can't be picky with something for < $30, but then again I can. Tongue

Y'all keep enjoying them and sharing your thoughts!

31 7,912
 12-18-2012, 04:17 PM
User Info
(12-18-2012, 03:51 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: I have no doubt that this brush is a great value and good quality. I just can't get past the handle. It does nothing for me. I know I can't be picky with something for < $30, but then again I can. Tongue

Love the new avatar and phrase!

63 2,128
 12-18-2012, 06:17 PM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
Everything that comes from you i take it ...
Don't ever ask me again if i want something. I ALWAYS take what you wanna PIF me Biggrin

0 44
 12-18-2012, 06:20 PM
User Info
(12-18-2012, 04:17 PM)cessnabird Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 03:51 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: I have no doubt that this brush is a great value and good quality. I just can't get past the handle. It does nothing for me. I know I can't be picky with something for < $30, but then again I can. Tongue

Love the new avatar and phrase!

Thanks! Now go fight some Joes & bring me some windex. I can hardly see out of this thing.

Laughing1

31 7,912
 12-18-2012, 07:28 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info

The reason that I havent got one , is because I already have two of those handles : one in Ivory imitation with 24 mm , which now has a Delong silvertip knot (very nice knot) and one in black , 22 mm , which is empty now.I must say that Im not crazy for those handles.Well , that , and 2 Semogue LE's (hopefully 3 ) and a couple brushes that I wanted to get before this one.

For what you are describing , these finest knots are like the old TGN finest ones , and I already have 4 of those , which I do enjoy once in a while.

86 7,123
 12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
User Info
Lance, enjoy the brush. i have one coming in the new year.

75 20,883