12-18-2012, 02:12 PM
User Info
I went to Lifecheck Pharmacy today to pick up some Musgo Real products and found the door locked with several hundred cardboard boxes stacked outside. A gentleman told me that Lifecheck (formerly Post Oak Pharmacy) was bought by CVS. They had a great inventory of shaving products, many unique to our area. I hate to see them go.Sad

0 9
 12-18-2012, 02:22 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
We have three new Walgreen's here in town and a new CVS being built almost next door to one of them, and none of them have decent shaving stuff.

Thank goodness for the internet.

173 23,516
 12-19-2012, 03:37 PM
User Info
(12-18-2012, 02:22 PM)Johnny Wrote: We have three new Walgreen's here in town and a new CVS being built almost next door to one of them, and none of them have decent shaving stuff.

Thank goodness for the internet.

I agree that the internet is a great source for wetshaving enthusiasts, but I always try to support my local vendors when I can. It seems to be the nature of our hobby that good things disappear (Irisch Moos shaving sticks, Blue Floid A/S, etc.)

0 9
 12-19-2012, 03:46 PM
User Info
You should see if you can get in contact with the owner and make a purchase before it all goes to a liquidator or eBay.

2 697
 12-19-2012, 03:59 PM
User Info
(12-19-2012, 03:46 PM)SteelTown Wrote: You should see if you can get in contact with the owner and make a purchase before it all goes to a liquidator or eBay.

The gent that I spoke with yesterday told me that a salvage company from Mississippi had purchased all of their inventory. He said that it was going back to Miss. to be sold in their retail stores. I just wish he would have given me an hour in the place before they closed their doors for good. At least some folks in Miss. will be getting some choice items for the wetshaving community there.

0 9