12-20-2012, 11:39 AM
User Info
Is this stuff supposed to smell like wet gardening soil?

I mean yuck.

Did I get a bad batch or was this on purpose?

1 283
 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
This is the only KMF scent that I can't tolerate.

88 4,233
 12-20-2012, 11:44 AM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
Patchouli can ( does) have a earthy smell to it. lol.

12 743
 12-20-2012, 11:48 AM
User Info
I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with 11 ounces of this stuff.

I got the Peaceful Patchouli for myself and the Grapefruit Pomegranate for TLOTH.

Hers smells great....but like food, which I don't like. I don't like to get hungry when I shave.

The PP smells like...well, dirt.

If anybody on this forum reads this and likes it, give me a heads up, please.

1 283
 12-20-2012, 02:44 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I like it, but its not high on my list of favorite scents. I tend to enjoy earthy, woodsy scents and the PP qualifies, but I usually use it as a component of super or uber lather along with my useless-by-itself Trumper Sandalwood soap. Try mixing it with something floral, spicey or woodsy and see if the blend is more pleasing too your nose.

127 2,395
 12-20-2012, 02:48 PM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
Ship them down here ... If i don't like it either i would PIF it away !!!

Everything ... SHIP EVERYTHING !!!
lol

0 44
 12-20-2012, 03:25 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
It could be worse. Strong patchuli smells like BO to me.

10 1,858
 12-20-2012, 03:47 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever really smelled Patchouli..I mean actual Patchouli. Sure I've smelled the cheap incense of that name from discount stores, but those rarely ever smell like whatever they're imitating.

31 1,510
 12-20-2012, 04:37 PM
User Info
(12-20-2012, 02:48 PM)xRussox Wrote: Ship them down here ... If i don't like it either i would PIF it away !!!

Everything ... SHIP EVERYTHING !!!
lol

I already thought of that, Russo, I just couldn't imagine that you'd like it.

After I made the original post I went over to bassnotes.com and the reviewers there did, indeed, repeat my description. They used terms like "wet earth" and "leaves rotting on the forest floor"..."wet mud"...

You would want to smear something like that on your face, Russo?

Let me tell you something else too....this scent is long lasting and doesn't want to wash off. I think I'm going to have to burn it off of my arm with a blow torch to get this scent to stop.

After test lathering it on my forearm (lathers great, BTW), I went ahead and lathered the grapefruit/Pomegranate a few times. The Patchouli scent is still there. Washed my arm with Ivory...Patchouli is still there. I smell like I've been digging in a garden all day.

*Edit* Nearly 7 hours after ONE test lather on my left forearm and the scent is still there but has gone from bad to worse. Songwind's description is spot on. I let Amanda (TLOTH) smell my arm and she said "OMG it smells like body odor now, gross!!" I haven't mentioned anything about this thread to her yet. Sure you still want it, Russo?

1 283
 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
Ehhhh after that let's just say ... nop
LOL

0 44