12-21-2012, 03:39 PM
User Info
It was a difficult decision but in the end, there can be only one winner of the PIF. I chose Strohman!! Thank you all for participating in this PIF, the stories were wonderful and thanks again for having fun with it. Happy shaves!

Gentlemen, I have a Weber classic handle that is too long for my liking. I will PIF it to a new home where it will be loved.

Here is how this PIF will work...

Requirements:
There are no post minimums.
You must not already own a Weber classic handle.
This will be a CONUS PIF, sorry my worldy friends.

I want to keep things fun and interactive so to enter, simply reply I'm in, and share with us your most embarassing story. Let's keep it clean but the more embarassing the better.

I will choose the winner based on my favorite story on 12-26-12 and ship the same day or the next.

The Classic is the one on the left in the "group picture".

Let the fun begin! Jeremy-

Family photo.
* The other handles are not for sale.*

Attached Files Image(s)

63 2,128
 12-21-2012, 03:53 PM
User Info
I'm in.

I've had a few embarrassing moments but here's the one that turns me red still to this day thinking about it. I was in college, probably 19 years old & was just starting to learn anatomy while working part time as a physical therapy tech. We had a patient recovering from a shoulder surgery. He needed the cartilage in the shoulder, called the labrum, repaired. I was paying very close attention throughout his visit trying to learn as much as I could. When he left I wanted to confirm with my physical therapist what it was that he had surgery on (the labrum as mentioned previously). So I quickly asked as we were walking to the next patient and what came out of my mouth caused the therapist to start cracking up and almost fall to the floor. It took him a couple minutes before he could explain my mistake and then he allowed me to go ease my embarrassment in the break room for a bit. I'm just glad the patient didn't hear what I said.

So, what actually came out of my mouth? Well here's what my brain was trying to say, "What did he do that required surgery on his labrum?". What actually came out of my mouth was only slightly different, but also completely different.

"What did he do that required surgery on his labia?"

ShokBlushShokBlush

31 7,912
 12-21-2012, 04:35 PM
User Info
Jeremy, excellent PIF! Good luck to you and the participants.
i am NOT in.

75 20,883
 12-21-2012, 04:39 PM
User Info
I'm not in either, but very good PIF. These are excellent handles, and they fit nearly everything.

183 12,002
 12-21-2012, 04:45 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Not in but great PIF, someone will sure enjoy it. I have this one as well as Bulldog.

I'd share my embarrassing story but there is no way for it to come out clean Biggrin

88 4,233
 12-22-2012, 06:09 AM
  • A28
User Info
Wish I had a razor to fit it does it fit. Cadets??

3 316
 12-22-2012, 11:36 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Jeremy, very generous and nice PIF. I'm not in.

(12-22-2012, 06:09 AM)A28 Wrote: Wish I had a razor to fit it does it fit. Cadets??

Yes the head of a Cadet fits the Weber "classic" handle if you remove 3 to 4mm from the threaded centre stud (I've just checked), see here...

23 1,872
 12-22-2012, 02:07 PM
User Info
When stationed in Germany I participated in a program that put single soldiers with German families for Christmas.

When I met the family I would be staying with I thought I was smart, so I studied for a while on what to say. I wanted to impress them with my German language skills.

It was a mother, father and a daughter of about 15. When introduced to the daughter I said "Oh, Du bis der
Jungfrau der Familia".

The father turned beet red angry and the mom looked embarassed and the daughter looked humiliated.

I had meant to say, "Oh, so you are the young lady of the family".

What I said was "Oh, so you are the virgin of the family!"

Jung in English is Young.
Frau in English is Lady.

However, put together in JungFrau it literally means virgin. How was I supposed to know?

The word I was looking for was "Junges Madchen". Oops.

That was a cold, lonely, hostile Christmas with that family. When I learned to speak German better I finally understood why the parents were guarding their daughter like pitbulls.

That's the sort of stuff that can only happen to me.

1 283
 12-23-2012, 12:27 AM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I'm in.
My story, The day I realized I was getting old.....

I was around 35 years old. This was before I had grey hair or my "Keg" abs or wrinkles even. One day I stopped at a red light. I had my radio jammin'. And was really thinking I had "it" going on when 2 young fine looking ladies pulled up next to me. They were smiling and waved then motioned for me to roll down my window... I'm thinking YEA BUDDY YOU STILL DA MAN... So I roll my window down with my biggest sexy lover man look and say "Hey Darlin' what can I do for you 2 ladies"? And the fine young thing replies, " Hey Mister can you tell us how to get to Lakeside Mall"?..... Sound of a plane going down in flames... lol I had NEVER been called "Mister" before... Well not by a fine young thing.

Beautiful handle and NICE PIF. Thank You!!!

5 1,151
 12-23-2012, 05:21 AM
User Info
I'm in.

When I need an embarrassing story, I always use this one. Back in college I worked for a local business that delivered balloon bouquets. Usually the delivery people would dress up as a character and sing happy birthday to the people getting the balloons. One day I was delivering balloons to someone I knew and I didn't want them to know it was me. My boss said I could take his car. I was dressed like a big yellow chicken. The delivery went fine and I was on my way back to the store when the car started sputtering. I realized the gas tank was on Empty! (This was long before Cell Phones.)
I coasted down to the foot of the bridge I was on and then the car stopped on a fairly busy highway. Since the suit was always hot, I had taken off my pants and only had on my underwear. As I sat there trying to figure out what to do, it started raining.

I was hoping someone would see me stranded there with the Emergency Flashers on and stop, but they didn't. Finally a police officer drove by, but he didn't stop either, so I knew I had to get out and walk.

Once I started walking, EVERYONE slowed down and pointed and laughed as they drove by. People with kids honked and waved too. It was a summer day, so it felt like a sauna in that chicken suit, but I didn't want to take the head off and actually be seen by someone I might know! I was on a busy 2 lane road with a lot of traffic, but no businesses around. I had to walk about 3 blocks, looking like a big, wet chicken until I finally got to a small drugstore where I was able to use a phone and get my boss to come pick me up and bring some gas for his car!

I definitely got some strange looks in that drugstore too.

10 96
 12-23-2012, 12:03 PM
User Info
I am in. Dont have a weber, but would love to try the handle with my EJ.

Story: (Based on true facts)

When in college, I was not fond of shaving. The cartridge razors used to cause a lot of irritation. As a result (and also because I was too lazy) I always had a full grown beard (which was ofcourse not maintained at all).

So a fellow student and I were traveling in Paris. At the train station we went to tourist information booth. After giving us guidelines on how to reach our destination, he turned to me and said

"You and your son should visit the louvre. Its quite beautiful."

And my face turned red. Needless to say, I never let my beard grow above a few millimeters again.

8 279
 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM
User Info
Great stories so far guys, this is going to be a tough choice!! Smile

3 more days until I decide the winner, I will announce and pm the winner on Wed,
12-26-12. Keep them coming, this is a great handle.

63 2,128
 12-26-2012, 11:27 AM
User Info
Winner announced. Congrats Strohman! Biggrin

63 2,128
 12-27-2012, 06:12 AM
User Info
congrats!

1 283
 12-27-2012, 06:17 AM
User Info
A well deserved win! Congrats Strohman!