03-25-2012, 06:29 PM
User Info
Are there products you use nearly exclusively in one season? For example, I use bay rum mostly in the summer, and Acqua di Selva mostly in the winter. In general, I use more balms in the winter and splashes in the summer.

What are you looking forward to getting reacquainted with this spring and summer?

4 112
 03-25-2012, 06:38 PM
  • sp514
  • Toronto, Canada
User Info
Just like you, I use AS during warmer months and ASB during winter. As for soaps, I put down my trusty Tabac and reach for more light scented soaps like RR XXX or something with menthol.

I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted with new Proraso this summer. It'll be a cool one Cool

0 115
 03-25-2012, 08:52 PM
User Info
Tabac was my regular winter soap. (I finally used it up, it lasted three long Seattle winters!)

I also like using Musgo Real ASL in the winter, as it is nice and moisturizing, even though it isn't a balm.

Spring is barely here in Seattle, I'm looking forward to summer and using some RazoRock XXX.

12 1,235
 03-26-2012, 03:35 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
I can't say I use anything in just one season. However, in winter I am less likely to use osage rub, mentholated soaps, and mentholated AS on the same shave. I still do that during winter, just not as often as during the summer.

0 253
 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM
User Info
I use more menthol, that's it. I still use everything else as well.

32 6,301
 03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
User Info
I tend to use products with heavier scents..(Tabac, etc) during the winter and go for the lighter type scents for warmer days. More balms and lotions in winter, splashes in summer.

1 345
 03-26-2012, 06:19 PM
User Info
Citrus Based Colognes and A/S in the Spring and Summer.
Menthol Creams in the Summer C.O. Bigelow, etc.

Musk and Spice Colognes and A/S in the Fall and Winter.
I prefer no menthol in the winter, but due to a certain blade testing regimen, the menthol cream / gel mix was used all winter.
WARS is my favorite winter cream.

1 2,827
 03-26-2012, 06:47 PM
User Info
I use Olivia's balm just in the winter. And for no apparent reason, I seem to use soaps more in the winter and creams more in the summer.

178 11,970
 03-26-2012, 09:19 PM
  • kav
User Info
Climate change has tossed out any regularity of the seasons. I have to consult the weather report before choosing what I was so sure would be seasonal items.

2 3,103
 03-27-2012, 05:00 AM
User Info
I don't have a particular rotation change during the seasons but this winter I switched out my Aqua Velva for witch hazel but I still use a light balm. I'm now back to the Velva. Cella and Palmolive soap sticks and their cream is great no matter what time of year.

0 372
 03-27-2012, 06:32 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I might use a little pre-shave conditioner in the winter and sometimes a balm afterwards. But I stick to my regular soaps/creams all year and 90% of the time use Floid Blue all year long. Nothing like a little menthol splash just before going outside to shovel snow at 15F.

173 23,285
 03-27-2012, 06:53 AM
User Info
Hope I'm not off topic but I hope the new Proraso sandalwood smells great (being Proraso it will perform wonderfully) this could be my new winter soap, and the green at times, all year! Hard to put the green away for too long.

2 805
 03-27-2012, 09:38 AM
User Info
I find myself reaching for the I Coloniali soap/cream more often in the summer. It has a bit of menthol and the scent is nice. Also, for some reason I prefer Cyril Salter Sandalwood in the summer. In winter I lean towards, MdC, Tabac, Cyril Salter Vetiver, and QCS Cordovan. Cella is good year round, I think.

6 230
 03-27-2012, 01:52 PM
User Info
During the work week in the summer I tend to use more Proraso pre shave with Proraso cream and also with CF lime.
Winter I go with just about anything.

0 68
 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM
User Info
I look forward to the summer so I can get back to the most cooling and refreshing shave ever......Proraso cream followed up with a healthy dose of Osage. Shok

0 77
 03-28-2012, 04:47 AM
User Info
Winter is more Tabac and MWF, either Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm followed by Clubman, Clubman Bay Rum or Aqua Velva Blue Ice.

Summer is for Bigelow or Palmolive cream followed by ice cold water and Mennen Skin Bracer.

Arko, Speick and Palmolive shave sticks year round.

3 444
 03-28-2012, 10:36 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Mama Bear's Mandarin Ice is awsome in the summer. 411 aftersave is a nice summer scent as well. I just ordered Art Of Shaving Ocean Kelp because I thought it would be a light which will go well with the coming season.

45 3,955
 03-31-2012, 08:50 PM
  • Sargon
  • St. Louis, Missouri
User Info
In shave products, I use a lot more balms in winter, and more splashes in summer. In traditional hair products, it is much the same, with more tonics in summer, and more oil based products in winter.

1 189
 04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
User Info
For most of the items in my den I tend to use the A/S, soaps, and creams year round. The couple of exceptions are menthol creams and Trumper's Extract of Limes A/S that find their way into the rotation a little more often in the spring and summer months.

29 1,729
 04-07-2012, 05:18 PM
User Info
Booster June Clover splash for spring and summer. Booster Mosswood for fall and winter.

I agree with Johnny about a menthol splash...or a menthol anything. I can't get enough of menthol no matter the season or temperature.

I shaved with a TSD menthol shave cream today with a menthol splash and aloe and glycerin mixed with a little of the TSD Menthol Bomb on a cool spring morning and I felt alive.

I wish had some of that Floid Blue he talks about.

21 1,444