12-22-2012, 12:12 PM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
Hi people ...
I wanted to make this post to talk about my love for this soaps and maybe ask something in case i'm doing wrong (asking here cuz it only happens with this soap)

I love it, have 2 ... Sandalwood and Aloe Vera (Sandalwood my fav cuz of the smell but aloe vera doesn't smell bad) ... I go to load my brush for lathering (I am a face lather kinda guy) and when i'm putting the brush on the puck ... BOOM ... Lather happens.

I've seen vids on people loading soap on brushes and never seen that much lather coming up by just loading the brush ... i trust videos a lot cuz it's the only way for me to learn (That and my friend Regularfella) teaching me from time to time.

So ... I LOVE THE EJ SOAPS but maybe i'm doing something wrong at the loading time ... or that soap is just that generous with lather?

Thank you for reading, sorry if any bad english and sorry for using () and ... that much, i'm just used to it Blank

0 44
 12-22-2012, 12:16 PM
User Info
If you're getting good lather & shaves then you aren't doing it wrong.

A wet brush though can quickly produce a ton of proto-lather that then needs to be worked further to generate a creamier instead of airier lather (small bubbles vs large).

31 7,912
 12-22-2012, 12:23 PM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
So maybe squish my brush a lil bit more before loading it ?

To be honest i still struggle a lot with my lather ... with EVERY SOAP I HAVE (Arko, EJ, Palmolive) and my creams (Proraso if i'm wrong lance say, Trafalgar)

But with the EJ is fast but now what you mention Airy lather.
Still love EJ

0 44
 12-22-2012, 12:25 PM
User Info
Here's my videos on lathering from opposite ends of the spectrum. I hope they give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

http://shavenook.com/thread-sharpspine-s...alian-soap

31 7,912
 12-22-2012, 12:27 PM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
Thank you sir

PS. your "Master of Unagi" thing on the signature is funny every time i read it Biggrin

0 44
 12-22-2012, 02:41 PM
User Info
Suggestion to OP if I may. Shake almost all of the water out of your brush before beginning loading. The soap will be a bit pastier on the brush, but you can add drops of water onto the brush as you face-lather. Can't remove water if brush is too wet to begin with.

15 316
 12-22-2012, 03:06 PM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
Thank you slackskin for the advice

Other than my lather problems ... what you guys think of the EJ ? Anyone have tried it ? am i alone on my liking of this soaps ?

0 44
 12-22-2012, 04:29 PM
User Info
I love the EJ soaps (and the Mühle ones, they are the same). I have all the 3 varieties (Aloe Vera, Sandalwood and Sea Buckthorn).
The lather is extremely easy to make and the overall properties and performance of this soaps are well above average. Smile

2 5,527
 12-23-2012, 01:12 AM
User Info
Are you having trouble with the sticks as well? You rub them directly on your face first, right?

I've never used EJ soaps but I hear they are good!

I use the approach slackskin described. For me, with any soap I start with just a damp brush and I smear the loaded brush on my face. Usually it's like a paste. Then I add a little bit of water at a time by dipping the tips in the water. Just the tips. The idea being that it's always easier to add water than soap.

I've also noticed that for me shave sticks don't work so well unless I have some nice stubble to dig into the soap when I apply a stick to my face. Learning the amount of soap to load on the brush from a bowl is a matter of trial and error.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

1 283
 12-23-2012, 08:56 AM
  • xRussox
  • Teach me masters !!!
  • Medellin - Colombia
User Info
Get yourself an EJ Lance ... you won't regret it
And if you regret it ... send them to me Biggrin

Don't get me wrong. I'm getting lather, and my shaves are great but it's not the lather that I see on the vids (like the one posted here by Brian) ... and sometimes by the 3rd pass it's not that great so I have to help me with more product. Still learning but I don't think I'm doing that bad Biggrin

EJ lines next to Arko for my taste ... don't kill me for that remark Biggrin

0 44