12-23-2012, 06:32 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
Hello Friends! I'm in a bit of a mix up b/c I don't know which one to choose which is Kimson Vu Silvertip or an Artisan made brush with a HMW knot from Wet Shaving Products. I already have a Kimson Vu silvertip. I love it so much I totally would purchase another one. Then again I've never tried a HMW knot before. What would you guys recommend? Has anyone tried both of these? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Well friends you all have an excellent weekend and Happy Holidays!

10 963
 12-23-2012, 08:02 AM
User Info
I understand your indecision... I have 2 Kimson Vu silvertips, and I just love them. The softness of the tips can be compared with no shame with Rooney and Thäter silvertips. And the horn handles are something unique.

However, I do not know the HMW from WSP, so I cannot help with that...

2 5,527
 12-23-2012, 08:13 AM
User Info
I have neither...but if I was spending your money I would get the Kimson, Those horn handles look great.

2 697
 12-23-2012, 10:36 AM
User Info
I don't have a Kimson but do have 4 WSP brushes (1 custom handle, 3 from WSP). My recommendation would be to try something new & since you already have a Kimson that would be the WSP. You won't be finding the HMW knots at this price very easily either. They are so good that I've almost thinned my heard to the point of WSP exclusivity. While I probably won't be completely exclusive they will remain a dominant portion of my brush family.

Either way I think you are in for a treat. My ultimate suggestion though would be to work with Bib Quinn at Elite Razor to get a custom handle topped off with a WSP HMW knot. This way you can choose a 23, 26, or 28mm knot and decide what loft to set it at. The end result will be a one of a kind brush tailored to your specifications. Doesn't get any better than that.

Godspeed in your decision.

31 7,912
 12-23-2012, 10:46 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I have tried both and I will go for the WSP custom HMW one.

The Kim Son Vu are great brushes , but my friend , if you order one , develop more patience than a Saint , since sometimes it takes over 4 months to receive your brush , unless you buy it form a vendor like QED.The old KIM SON VU brushes has very soft tips , but also , not a very strong backbone. Theyre not floppy by any mean , but are more suitable to be used with creams and bowl lathering.I understand that the new silvertip hair its not as soft on the tips as the old one , but that could have been a bacth , and I havent try them either (the new hair , I mean).The horn handles are very beautiful , no doubt about it , but again , I wont wait for 3 or 4 months to get a brush , unless you are madly in love with it.

86 7,123
 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
The HMW brush I have is the best badger brush I own, and your customization is nearly endless, definitely go with that.

35 1,732
 12-24-2012, 05:12 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
Thank you all so much for your input my friends! I prolly will go for the custom. Problem is that im going to have to do it after the hoildays since i wont be in town during January. Really looking forward to it now. Again thank you and I wish you all a very Merry Chrismas!

10 963