12-24-2012, 01:25 PM
User Info
Gentlemen:

Our two packages of donated shave items left for Afghanistan in early December by Priority Mail with tracking. However, the tracking does not work for APO addresses, and all the USPS website ever showed is that the packages departed Miami.

Today I received the following PM from Matt confirming that he did receive our goods:

HiFromAfghanist

Donations Received
To: TheLegalRazor

I deeply apologize of how busy I have become. My duties have grown from small to large since we've arrived here.

The boxes have arrived. Everything was packaged immaculately, it was amazing. Time was clearly taken to make sure everything fit perfectly like a puzzle and not a thing arrived in any worse shape than it left.

I have begun to package them as Christmas gifts and am very excited to see the look on the faces. I will do what I can to get pictures but am unsure how things are going to work around here.

Please know everything you all have done for us far exceeds anything we could do for you!

As I haven't found much time myself to do anything if you don't mind I would really appreciate if you could update the thread or inform the rest of TSN as I'm even more busy the next few days with Soldiers, classes, briefs and a few other things.

Please wish everyone a Merry Christmas Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt
101st Airborne Division
US Army

Gentlemen, our mission is finally completed!

Ricardo

Quick Theme: Use Default-----------Ace NavyLuxureMyBB GoMobile

37 2,960
 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Ricardo and Matt

Thank you for sharing the above and for keeping us updated Thumbsup

Ricardo, once again thank you for pulling this all together and getting the packages safely over there Clap

Matt, wishing you (your family) and all the soldiers over there a safe and merry Christmas, and happy New Year Cheers

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 12-24-2012, 01:47 PM
User Info
Very nicely done!

Merry Christmas Matt! Convey those wishes to the other troops to if you would.

Happy New Year too!

Take care, be safe.

32 6,309
 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM
User Info
Ricardo, well done to you and the rest of the gents!
Great offerings!

75 20,883
 12-24-2012, 01:57 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
A well done to all!
Merry Christmas!
~Richard

8 1,190
 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad it arrived safely.

45 3,955
 12-24-2012, 06:22 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Thumbs up Ricardo. EXCELLENT JOB!!!

5 1,151
 12-26-2012, 02:26 AM
User Info
Thank you, Ricardo. A Merry Christmas to our troops.

47 1,270
 12-31-2012, 02:50 AM
User Info
Hello TSN,

I know you haven't seen much of me lately as my workload has grown more and more since arriving in country. Hopefully the holidays have found you all well and safe! I apologize I haven't had much time to post and update you all, things around here are changing.

I did receive both of the packages and I must say, I was very surprised! Not only was everything packaged perfectly and arrived in the same condition it left but you all really donated some beautiful items! There are gorgeous brushes, great creams, amazing razors and just a ton of things, even Santa himself couldn't have done a better job!

I have already donated almost half of what was generously sent by all of you. I will post some more pictures in the future but it will take a while due to the internet connection and uploading. The Soldiers (and my LT) are very happy. Some have decided to give it a go after 10-15 minutes of me letting them know pre-shave prep and angles and others are only cutting themselves just a little without any help.

Christmas was a great day for us, with a large thanks to everyone at TSN. We went to eat chow right before shift started, so everybody was already loathing walking our ¾ mile to work. We arrived on site and already saw the spirit of the holidays was with everybody. People were wearing Santa hats, others were playing horseshoes that had just been setup, then it was time to gather around and open presents. Don't worry though, I have pictures of all of this so you all can join in the fun, too!

I hope it was as good for you all as it was such a break for us, even if it was only for a few hours it was much needed. I would like to sincerely thank you all again, especially as such a new guy to the forum and wet shaving in general it was, and still is, an amazing thing looking forward to each shave and teaching those around me so they can also enjoy the small things in life. It truly is quite a sight how people from all over the world can come together without ever having met for a common goal.

In the meantime here are a few pictures of us enjoying our Christmas lunch, Santa and I, and us gathered around our Christmas tree handing out presents.

Enjoy and stay safe!

2 127
 12-31-2012, 03:13 AM
User Info
Good to hear that you and your friends enjoyed the holiday Matt, and even better to know that you're safe and sound Biggrin

And you certainly seems to have gotten this whole Christmas thing down pat, even if you're not at home - much better than the 'celebration' I had while in South Sudan.

3 3,577
 12-31-2012, 05:04 AM
User Info
We are really lucky to have the LT that we do, in all honesty. He cares about everybody and is the one that orchestrated the entire tree, decorations, presents and such. Without the heart that he has none of it would have happened. I'm sure it took a lot of writing and emails to get the tree, ornaments and presents that were handed out and he took it upon himself to get it done, so thanks really goes to him.

2 127
 12-31-2012, 10:09 AM
User Info
Matt -

Thanks for the update and pictures, especially given your time pressure. And FWIW, your LT is not only a good guy with a big heart -- he is also smart for recognizing that esprit is important for the unit and providing for the welfare of the troops. Happy New Year.

15 316
 12-31-2012, 10:43 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Ricardo and Matt, thanks for the update.

Quote:Please know everything you all have done for us far exceeds anything we could do for you!

Matt, I must disagree with your quote above. What we did is in much appreciation for what all of you are doing. But make no mistake, none of us was put in harms way to do it. It is you all that are doing the exceeding.

173 23,536
 12-31-2012, 12:43 PM
User Info
Matt,

Great to see you guys had a nice Christmas. Good to get an update and a few pics as well. Thanks to all of you over there for your service. Stay safe.

129 6,685
 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Matt,

Thank you for the update! I'm glad the packages arrived safely to you! Ricardo did a great job organizing everything. Thank you for all you have done for me and my family.

45 3,955
 12-31-2012, 07:11 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
Hi Matt, There are few things better than a LT with his or her head screwed the right way on! You are fortunate. And, you by receiving the shave stuff made us fortunate!
May the year bring you all that you need, some of what you want, and always..enough!
Happy New Year!
~Geezer

8 1,190