12-25-2012, 02:07 PM
User Info
Gents today I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Well today I got to shave with a ikon OSS with a Astra superior stainless and I lathered with a Vdh boar brush with some c.o bigelow And I got to teach my sister in laws boyfriend and he is hooked it's a great feeling to convert a cartridge razor to wetshaving.anyway I loaded up my razor with a blade and lathered up and my first pass was WTG and I don't know if it was just the week growth but wow what a first pass and I started with the open comb side first to mow down the growth and the razor took down the growth like Godzilla did to toyko. The next pass was from ear to nose and used the safety bar and damn another great shave and after that I must say I don't see why people don't like these razors granted it's my first shave and my next one might be horrible well have to wait and see but so far the OSS is a great shave so far.

12 568
 12-25-2012, 04:35 PM
User Info
Congratulations on your success with the razor and good luck with the future shaves.

75 20,883
 12-25-2012, 04:35 PM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Not everyone dislikes the OSS. I have one and get some great shaves out of it. Though, i didn't like the handle and traded that away. Ironically, my cleanup pass is best done with the OC side. Great razor, though not quite a Gen II iKon.

33 914
 12-25-2012, 04:52 PM
User Info
Tomorrow is the closed comb well maybe tomorrow

12 568
 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
I really like mine. Generally I only use the open comb side though. I find the solid bar a bit too mild. I really like the handle and use that with other heads as well.

14 870
 12-26-2012, 10:07 AM
User Info
I love my OSS even though I do not use it too often. It's reserved as my "early morning, still half asleep" razor. Three passes gets me a nice close shave and no worries about weepers. I usually use the OC side for all three passes on my neck and one WTG pass on my face and the SB side for the next two face passes.

Great razor (and I have the bulldog II handle on mine).

129 6,685
 12-26-2012, 05:39 PM
User Info
I set mine aside simply because I had no use for the bar side. So today I see that Greg has a separate OC bottom plate for sale...Facepalm

2 546
 12-27-2012, 01:16 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
(12-26-2012, 05:39 PM)PanchoVilla Wrote: I set mine aside simply because I had no use for the bar side. So today I see that Greg has a separate OC bottom plate for sale...Facepalm

If it's any consolation, I think the open comb that is now being offered shaves slightly different than the one that had the solid bar on the other side. Certainly the teeth look much different and I suspect the angles would be different as well. I am tempted to get that bottom OC plate myself...

14 870