12-25-2012, 06:07 PM
  • 2dwgs
  • North Carolina
User Info
Gents,

I see plenty of Vie-long brushes around, but can't find their website anywhere. I'm trying to get in touch with them specifically to see if I can have a 'modified' brush made. The E16510 in two band looks wonderful, but I wanted to see if I could have them make it with a fan knot instead of a bulb knot, and shorten the loft a little bit. I know they offer the 16510 in silvertip with the fan knot (which I have on order!), but I'd like to try it in 2-band as well.

Anyone know if this possible, or how to get in touch with them? Thanks!

12 83
 12-25-2012, 06:08 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Its very hard to get in contact with them.I will choose to contact Juan from http://www.giftsandcare.com , if you are looking for a custom Vie Long.

86 7,123
 12-25-2012, 06:12 PM
  • 2dwgs
  • North Carolina
User Info
Teiste,

Thank you for the info, I'm drafting an email right now.

Merry Christmas!

(12-25-2012, 06:08 PM)Teiste Wrote: Its very hard to get in contact with them.I will choose to contact Juan from http://www.giftsandcare.com , if you are looking for a custom Vie Long.

12 83
 12-25-2012, 06:18 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Vie-long is easy enough to get in touch with but 1) they are not a retailer and 2) they would not likely be interested in making a single one off brush.

45 16,345
 12-25-2012, 06:22 PM
  • 2dwgs
  • North Carolina
User Info
Well, I've sent a message to Juan. If they won't do a one-off brush, then I guess I'll just have to *suffer* with the 2-band in the bulb shaped knot...Biggrin

Not that I'm a picky guy, I just wanted two brushes of identical dimensions but differing hair type, to get a more objective impression on which I like better.

Thanks Phil, and Merry Christmas!

Thread can be closed, I've gotten what I was looking for. Thanks!

12 83
 12-25-2012, 07:29 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
I just placed an order for a custom brush with Juan, he'll have Vie Long make it for him, no problem. Great guy to deal with.

10 1,120
 12-26-2012, 12:54 AM
User Info
(12-25-2012, 07:29 PM)MickToley Wrote: I just placed an order for a custom brush with Juan, he'll have Vie Long make it for him, no problem. Great guy to deal with.

Thanks for the tip, now I need yet another brush n my collection Blush

A custom Vie Long with a mocca colored handle Cool

22 5,059
 12-26-2012, 11:03 AM
  • 2dwgs
  • North Carolina
User Info
Juan emailed me back, and had no problem accommodating my request. He even offered to ship the brush without the heavy orange box (which I don't need) to save on shipping! Great service, IMO. So hopefully with the next next couple of weeks I'll have two of the 'flat loft', as they call it, brushes in differing badger to compare side by side!

12 83
 12-26-2012, 11:49 AM
  • DLP
  • Missouri
User Info
(12-26-2012, 11:03 AM)2dwgs Wrote: Juan emailed me back, and had no problem accommodating my request. He even offered to ship the brush without the heavy orange box (which I don't need) to save on shipping! Great service, IMO. So hopefully with the next next couple of weeks I'll have two of the 'flat loft', as they call it, brushes in differing badger to compare side by side!

Juan and the rest of the GiftsandCare.com group are great to work with. They have always been responsive to my needs or problems and they almost ship as fast as Phil. That US Customs thing seems to slow the delivery down just a bit.

3 497