03-26-2012, 06:38 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Alright, someone give me the low down on the Myrsol product line. Good, bad, favorite product, etc.

173 23,500
 03-26-2012, 06:41 AM
User Info
The only Myrsol product that I've tried is the Emulsion. Having said that, I found it to be very good - it is supposed to be used as a pre-shave and also as a post-shave balm, and I like it very much in both ways.

Among other ingredients, it contains lanolin - which is good for my skin, as I have dry skin, but that can be an issue if you have some kind of lanolin-allergy.

About the Myrsol ASL's, well, I've never tried them, but I've read nothing but good praise...

2 5,527
 03-26-2012, 09:51 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
The Emulsion as an after shave is brilliant.I also like the Agua Balsamica as a after shave lotion (fresh herbs scent).The Agua the Limon is nice in summer days (fresh cut lemon scent).

86 7,123
 03-26-2012, 12:35 PM
  • seixi
  • Spain
User Info
I use the Emulsion as preshave on a daily basis, it just makes every shave a great one for me!

As aftershave, my favorite one is Antesol. Classic barbershop scent, a touch of menthol and leaves your skin really great.

0 42
 05-05-2013, 01:24 PM
User Info
Gents, here my thoughts about Myrsol range of Aftershaves.

If you like peppermint, then go to Formula K. For summer. Probably is the strongest menthol of them, also with Agua de Limon.
If you like violet, then go to Formula C. Is delicious. I like it a lot, a lot.
If you like herbal scents, then go to Agua Balsamica (rosemary, lavander and thyme). Mediterranean countryside!!!
If you like old barbershop scents, then go to Antesol and Emulsion. Antesol is delicious. Emulsion is the brand flagship product. Both can be used as pre and post shave products.
If you like Floid, then go to F/EXTRA, a bit softer, but more classy. Excellent.
If you like Floid Blue or Aqua Velva, then go to Blue. It is better, more classy also.
If you lilke lemon, then go to Agua de Limon, but you must like lemon scent, certainly.
Plastic is strange, in my oppinion. I do not have a clear oppinion yet.
The only I lack is Metilsol. (And Electric Shave, obviously)

Hope it helps.

1 1,428
 05-05-2013, 01:41 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I find the Metilsol is an excellent after shave. Nice herbal scent and astringent to help tighten the skin.

And since I first made this post I have the Emulsion, Blue, F/Extra, Limon, Balsamica, and Metilsol. Some of my favorite after shaves.

173 23,500
 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM
User Info
Johnny, book a trip to Barcelona, and we will go together to meet Mr. Miquel.

1 1,428
 05-05-2013, 02:21 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(05-05-2013, 02:14 PM)Dr Dulcamara Wrote: Johnny, book a trip to Barcelona, and we will go together to meet Mr. Miquel.

Count me in!!! BiggrinSmileBiggrin

102 17,664
 05-05-2013, 03:52 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I wish I could afford a trip like that. That would be something I would certainly enjoy.

173 23,500
 05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-05-2013, 02:14 PM)Dr Dulcamara Wrote: Johnny, book a trip to Barcelona, and we will go together to meet Mr. Miquel.

Am I invited? Sounds like fun.

45 16,298
 05-05-2013, 04:01 PM
User Info
Of course, Phil. Also we will drink CAVA and Priorat wine, with spanish ham and cheese. Ha ha.

1 1,428
 05-05-2013, 04:36 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
(05-05-2013, 01:24 PM)Dr Dulcamara Wrote: Gents, here my thoughts about Myrsol range of Aftershaves.

If you like peppermint, then go to Formula K. For summer. Probably is the strongest menthol of them, also with Agua de Limon.
If you like herbal scents, then go to Agua Balsamica (rosemary, lavander and thyme). Mediterranean countryside!!!
If you like old barbershop scents, then go to Antesol and Emulsion. Antesol is delicious. Emulsion is the brand flagship product. Both can be used as pre and post shave products.
If you like Floid, then go to F/EXTRA, a bit softer, but more classy. Excellent.
If you like Floid Blue or Aqua Velva, then go to Blue. It is better, more classy also.
If you lilke lemon, then go to Agua de Limon, but you must like lemon scent, certainly.

Hope it helps.

This is awesome. Thank you for breaking it down like this.

I have Blue, love it. Now for Balsamic Water, and maybe Formula K.

14 1,177
 05-05-2013, 08:59 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I wish we could find the Antesol in North America.

173 23,500
 05-06-2013, 01:29 AM
User Info
I have the Agua Balsamica. It is very herbal, in a good way Smile
and it also works very well on the skin.
I just received a bottle of the Emulsion yesterday, but didn't have a chance to try it yet. At least it smells good too.

0 82
 05-06-2013, 06:18 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
(05-05-2013, 01:24 PM)Dr Dulcamara Wrote: Gents, here my thoughts about Myrsol range of Aftershaves.

Hope it helps.

This is a very helpful post. It helps me decide in what order I will continue adding Myrsol Aftershaves.

45 3,955
 05-06-2013, 06:28 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-05-2013, 04:01 PM)Dr Dulcamara Wrote: Of course, Phil. Also we will drink CAVA and Priorat wine, with spanish ham and cheese. Ha ha.

Sounds great to me. Spain is high on my list of places to visit (along with Portugal) and I hope to make a trip within two years.

45 16,298
 05-13-2013, 04:12 AM
User Info
Can anyone compare the post-shave healing qualities of the Emulsion versus the Agua Balsamica?

0 123
 05-13-2013, 07:05 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The Emulsion has a slight touch of menthol and has more skin conditioner in it.

173 23,500
 05-15-2013, 04:37 AM
User Info
Thanks mate, I guess I'll go for the Emulsion.

0 123
 05-20-2013, 07:46 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
What exactly is Antesol? It does not seem to be carried here in North America.

173 23,500