12-28-2012, 06:57 AM
User Info
I've found that the OCMM although an outstanding razor will for me always remain a notch or two below the Streamline.The OCMM offers more of a simple straight forward black & white shave while the Streamline seems better equipped to reward subtle technique changes (many shades of gray)

The curved blade cover of razors like the ER Streamline,GEM Damaskeene,ER 1914 seem to offer that little extra bit of ability to dial in the perfect shaving angle.

7 414
 12-28-2012, 07:36 AM
User Info
Very nice Marc. I was actually trying to motivate myself to do a Streamline review as well as compare it to the OCMM. I just can't pull myself away from the Cobra long enough to do it. Perhaps when I finish my second blade I will force myself to shave with the Streamline and OCMM, I know I know, lots of suffering but it's for the greater good right! Winky

My initial thoughts were that the Streamline was not as good of a shaver as the OCMM. However, on my last use of both these razors the Streamline performed much better than the OCMM. I think it will take at least a week of use with each and then some alternating use with perhaps a shave-off to really determine which I like the best. I don't think I'll ever get over the coolness of the Micromatic TTO mechanism though. I don't believe that this mechanism has been duplicated nor improved upon.

31 7,914
 12-28-2012, 01:40 PM
User Info
Good luck with the review, Brian. i see you are still mesmerized by The Cobra. Hee hee.
Boy, the Streamline is one of the most beautiful razors that i have seen and i wish i could use it!

75 20,883
 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM
User Info
Speaking of the Cobra Brian & Celestino...the tour's next stop is my mailbox and all my razors are trembling at very thought save for my Streamline which is typically maintaining British reserved stiff upper lip fortitude in the face of adversity.I'm looking forward to seeing what shaving with the snake is all about.

7 414
 12-28-2012, 04:49 PM
User Info
The Streamline is one of the last razors I covet.

I have not been able to find one at all. If you guys know of any for sale please PM me.

1 283
 12-28-2012, 06:14 PM
User Info
(12-28-2012, 07:36 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: I don't think I'll ever get over the coolness of the Micromatic TTO mechanism though. I don't believe that this mechanism has been duplicated nor improved upon.

Brian, I'm glad you said this, because I thought maybe I was alone in geeking out over this... The opening and closing is smooth enough, but it took me a bit of playing around to see that after closing snugly, the lid actually pushes the blade forward a touch...

But I digress. Being that I have just recently started with SEs, and I have 5 razors already, I'm trying not to let RAD take over, but I can't help but admit that the Cobra and the Streamline will probably be within my next few acquisitions...

2 362
 12-28-2012, 07:31 PM
User Info
At least the Cobra is easily attainable, though not cheap. A Streamline will not be as expensive, but will be a good bit harder to score (at a decent price anyway).

31 7,914
 12-28-2012, 08:24 PM
User Info
I'm hoping you find one Lance, for a good price. There are plenty available on ebay, if you want to bid high.

I was on the prowl for one for a time, then realized I just don't spend a lot for my razors and my shaves really couldn't get any better than I was getting. So I shelved the idea. They sure are pretty shaving instruments though.

32 6,309
 03-10-2013, 03:52 AM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
I need to agree with Marc on Streamline vs OCMM. I like both but somehow Streamline have better handle and weight plus give u more depends how you use it. With OCMM you need to be more careful and it is pretty straight forward for me. Still love them both

Thanks Marc for this

11 861
 03-10-2013, 11:06 AM
User Info
(03-10-2013, 03:52 AM)celar36 Wrote: I need to agree with Marc on Streamline vs OCMM. I like both but somehow Streamline have better handle and weight plus give u more depends how you use it. With OCMM you need to be more careful and it is pretty straight forward for me. Still love them both

Thanks Marc for this
Agreed, for me the Streamline is the best SE or one of the best ever made. I use mine on a regular basis.

0 606