12-28-2012, 01:33 PM
User Info
What shave kit is on your radar to acquire in the coming year? Soaps? AS? Razors and/or Brushes?

Soap:
  • MdC -- just ordered but won't arrive until 2013 most likely
  • Dr. Selby 3x concentrated
  • JABONMAN -- new scents
Brush:
  • Another custom from Bob Quinn @ Elite Razor
  • Potential LEs from TSN, Semogue, etc
Razor:
  • Feather Artist Club SS -- not sure to get the Kamisori version or the folding one.
  • EverReady Streamline set
  • Gem Jewel razor and/or set
Blades:
  • Kai Captain Mild
  • Feather Professional
AS:
  • Krampert's - if I run out or he has another LE

31 7,914
 12-28-2012, 01:44 PM
User Info
Soap:
To use up at least one puck or container before buying more. Obviously will not happen.

Brushes:
Synthetics & boar are in the works at the moment.

Trying to get the absolute rarest hair too.

Razors:
None. Custom SS Damascus is on my wish list, but no plans to place the order at this time.

AS:
I'm sure I'll run out and have to replenish.

9 2,988
 12-28-2012, 01:49 PM
User Info
Soap:
I hope to try some of the artisan vendors next, so I guess
Mike's Natural
Mystic Water
Mama Bear

Brushes:
With my Monarch on the way, I should be good for a while.

Razor:
Still trying to improve with what I have, but I may pick up a slant.

AS:
This is where I can see the AD forming. Right now I'm working through the pharmacy and dollar store staples. I even stopped at Sally's on my lunch break today and got some Clubman for the first time. And the only place to go from here is up Smile

10 2,062
 12-28-2012, 01:57 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
I am going to try and not buy anything except for a few LE items.

10 1,120
 12-28-2012, 01:58 PM
User Info
(12-28-2012, 01:57 PM)MickToley Wrote: I am going to try and not buy anything except for a few LE items.

Good luck with that! Can we tempt you and try to break your resolve? Tongue

31 7,914
 12-28-2012, 02:02 PM
User Info
This may sound blasphemous, but I think I'm actually set on what I have. My new RR Little Bastone OC has become my go to razor. Around September, I acquired 7 brand new different soaps/ creams (all Italian) through a trade with one of our members. Just discovered RR AS wax, so I'll be using that for awhile...yep I think I'm set for the time being...BUT...we all know that can change down the road...Wink

5 938
 12-28-2012, 02:19 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(12-28-2012, 01:58 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Good luck with that! Can we tempt you and try to break your resolve? Tongue

lol you can try... I have enough stuff and I need to save money. There are a bunch of people that are attempting this but only few will last the whole year.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....-Restraint

10 1,120
 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM
User Info
(12-28-2012, 02:19 PM)MickToley Wrote:
(12-28-2012, 01:58 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Good luck with that! Can we tempt you and try to break your resolve? Tongue

lol you can try... I have enough stuff and I need to save money. There are a bunch of people that are attempting this but only few will last the whole year.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....-Restraint

That's no fun! Winky We need the exact opposite thread. Maybe see if people will commit to picking up something shave related every month! Now that would be fun! Biggrin

Congrats to all those who set it as a goal and succeed. However, I have no desire to go an entire year without picking up something. I'm too new to this hobby and still like trying new things.

31 7,914
 12-28-2012, 02:29 PM
User Info
(12-28-2012, 01:57 PM)MickToley Wrote: I am going to try and not buy anything except for a few LE items.

* Michael, i was thinking of doing the same thing! i still have a few days to decide, but i need to pick up at least one more Weber DLC before committing to this. Good luck to to you if you do.

75 20,883
 12-28-2012, 03:24 PM
User Info
Very little on my radar for2013. Probably a couple more Joris razors and a custom shavemac D01 2 band.

Sent via Tapatalk

129 6,685
 12-28-2012, 03:50 PM
User Info
A weber razor

If the Jabonman soaps I have coming next week are good for me, then possibly more of those. Maybe a couple more RazoRock soaps. I have some good performers so I am pretty set.

A 2012 italian Barber Semogue or just a 1305.

31 1,800
 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(12-28-2012, 02:24 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: That's no fun! Winky We need the exact opposite thread. Maybe see if people will commit to picking up something shave related every month! Now that would be fun! Biggrin

Congrats to all those who set it as a goal and succeed. However, I have no desire to go an entire year without picking up something. I'm too new to this hobby and still like trying new things.

Hopefully I will last. I've been doing this for about three years or so and have spent so much money, time for me to at least put a dent in one of my soaps.

(12-28-2012, 02:29 PM)celestino Wrote: * Michael, i was thinking of doing the same thing! i still have a few days to decide, but i need to pick up at least one more Weber DLC before committing to this. Good luck to to you if you do.

Celestino, it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. Get what you have to get and join in. Should be really interesting. I've been keeping out of the monthly haul threads. I don't need to see new things others are getting.

10 1,120
 12-28-2012, 04:37 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
Currently in the mail and probably wont arrive until next year: DLC head, Semogue SOC SE, and Il Rasoio LE.

Soaps: Very little! I am going to try my best to NOT buy any more products until I use up a few. I foresee purchasing a[nother] new bowl of Tabac though fairly soon. That scent is just addicting.

Razors: Heavily considering a Weber polished head, otherwise no idea, hopefully little to none as well. I want to give the Feather another try though, so one of those eventually. Maybe a replate or two on my existing razors.

Brush: Possibly Semogue 2013 LE/SE, WSP Project M for certain as well as TSN 2014 LE if it gets released a bit early like the 2013 did. Still entertaining the idea of the WSP Super 2-band too.

Other: I plan on getting a few hundred more Polsilver SIs slowly throughout the year just to be sure I have a good supply of them. I'm pretty set on aftershaves. A couple bottles of Razorock Shave Lube for certain, as well as the Lime aftershave wax when it gets released.

35 1,732
 12-28-2012, 04:56 PM
User Info
I'm in on the Sabbatical with Mike. I really know I'm set with what I have, and I need to burn through a bunch of it before buying more. And...

I need to change my priorities big time. I'm on the verge of losing one of the things I care about most in this world, and it's going to take a serious effort to fix/save it. It's worth it though, I just hope it can be done.

Please take that as kind of a heads up also. You likely won't see me around on the forum/s as much. I don't have the time to waste as I have anymore. But I'll pop in now and then. Thanks for being such cool folks! Biggrin

4 253
 12-28-2012, 09:15 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I don't have an actual plan to not buy anything, but there's not much I need.

I was considering a slant or open comb razor.

Possibly one or two more soaps by artisans I haven't tried. QCS and StropShoppe, probably.

Edit: Oh, and part of me wants a custom-turned brush from Elite Razors or Rod Neep.

10 1,858
 12-28-2012, 09:31 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Soap/Cream :

-new Proraso White and Red in tub.
-one of the new Jabonman soaps.
-Acqua di Parma in tub ?

Brushes

-Truefitt and Hill 1/2 in silvertip?
-Any of the few dozen SE , LE editions from some brush makers.
-More boar brushes from Omega.

Razors

-A couple of UFO handle (this is a must)
-Edwin Jagger Plaza DE ?

Fragrances

-More from Acqua Di Parma (Essenza e Intensa).

86 7,123
 12-28-2012, 09:55 PM
User Info
Razor: Cobra Classic, Ikon Slant, Robert Williams straight

Brush: M&F and if all goes well w the SOC a few more boars. Also any interesting LE's

Cream / Soap: lavender - leaning CF ... use what I have, add a few and get rid of some.

Misc: build a storage rack for rotation

We will see. The last 10 months have been spent mostly acquiring and learning. I now have a better grasp on what I like and what works. More practice / experience will dictate this list more than anything.

191 1,552
 12-28-2012, 11:21 PM
User Info
Not much on my radar. Maybe the odd synthetic brush just because I'm still curious about gen' 4 +.

Of course the odd vintage SE razor as they show themselves, but no drive on my part to buy stuff and explore. I've done that and I'm quite content with my shaves at this point. There is simply no way they can get any better.

If a Streamline fell into my lap for a good price I'd be all over it, but I no longer seek one out. I certainly don't require one. It would be more from curiousity than anything else.

If I was a collector my answer would be different, but my "collection" is more an accumulation of working razors... with spares of the really good ones. I'm always open to buying better examples of razors I love while selling the lesser user specimens, but even that has pretty much bottomed out. I might even get rid of a few that I don't appreciate fully and that others would.

I could use a few small thread EverReady handles. But I'll find what I want by and by for a reasonable price.

My major thrust is in another direction these days.

No LE planned at this time Brian. But I do want to get as close as I can to duplicating the 80 Below LE before spring in the south. Also working on another new product that as far as I know doesn't exist yet in any form. I enjoy thinking way outside the box.

32 6,310
 12-28-2012, 11:45 PM
User Info
Brushes
Rooney or M&F Finest
Simpsons 2 band (probably a chubby 3)
A Plisson (yet to decide)

MdC soap
I Coloniali refill soap (already have the teracotta earthenware)
I Coloniali ASB (need more)
Other ASBs and ASs

I don't see myself getting another razor. The r41 is suffice beyond fourth necessity.

0 193
 12-28-2012, 11:51 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Standard replacement of current soaps, creams, after shaves and blades.

If, and this is a BIG IF, someone comes out with a stainless injector like a Schick, I'm in.

173 23,547