12-28-2012, 02:34 PM
User Info
Another unpin and polish the blade. The scales were shot so a second razor with decent scales were sent along for me to polish up.
The wedge style blade had a considerable amount of scratches which cleaned up nicely.

0 772
 12-28-2012, 02:41 PM
User Info
More great work, Mark!

75 20,883
 12-28-2012, 02:57 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(12-28-2012, 02:34 PM)mycarver Wrote: Another unpin and polish the blade. The scales were shot so a second razor with decent scales were sent along for me to polish up.
The wedge style blade had a considerable amount of scratches which cleaned up nicely.

Hi Mark

So did you make new scales for the notched end blade (have I used the correct term there?) or clean up and use the decent scales from the second razor that was sent along?

The wedge style blade (don't you mean the notched end blade, from the photos posted?) cleaned up nicely is a bit of an understatement if you ask me, it looks stunning!

Take care, Mike

Edit: Fixed grammar.

23 1,872
 12-28-2012, 03:02 PM
User Info
Mike,
The Wostenholm was sent along since it had good scales as opposed to the trashed ones on the American Razor. I broke down the Wosty, use these scales on the W&B since it's scales were not reusable.

And I could only redo so much of the blade because of the etching. Some flaws exist, but it's much better now.

0 772
 01-22-2013, 06:33 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
Lovely workmanship!
~Richard

8 1,190
 01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
User Info
Stretch, yawn - another unreal piece from Mark.

How on earth... so where is it that you keep your magic wand? My goodness! Stunning!

6 323
 01-23-2013, 09:39 AM
User Info
Thanks guys.
I keep the wand within easy reach. My hip pocket!
Ironically this same guy just found a twin to this one which I'm currently working on. Also , he decided he wants me to make a shorty out of the Wostenholm which I'll use some of the red acrylic to build some scales. Here too he's sending another full size Wosty as well which will have a set of matching scales to the shorty.
He want's a "Big George" and a "Little George" as a matching set in addition to the matching "American Razors".
Cool!

0 772