12-28-2012, 02:47 PM
User Info
Clean up the blade, polish and new scales in Horn.
The shape of the wedge end mirrors the shape of the blade. Also , the word Sweden is double stamped.

Attached Files Image(s)

0 772
 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(12-28-2012, 02:47 PM)mycarver Wrote: Clean up the blade, polish and new scales in Horn.
The shape of the wedge end mirrors the shape of the blade. Also , the word Sweden is double stamped.

Hi Mark

The wedge end mirror detail is a very! nice touch and just adds even more to the classy looking scales.

The blade restoration is also pure class, nicely done Sir! Nicely done indeed Clap

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 12-28-2012, 03:34 PM
User Info
Thank you Mike,
Yes, there is a method to my madness! I like to think they are nice touches as well.
So much for taking time off over the Holidays. It was a busy time for me.

0 772
 12-28-2012, 03:50 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(12-28-2012, 03:34 PM)mycarver Wrote: Thank you Mike,
Yes, there is a method to my madness! I like to think they are nice touches as well.
So much for taking time off over the Holidays. It was a busy time for me.

Hi Mark

They say there's a fine line between madness and genius, I believe you fall on the side of the latter A6

You've certainly be busy, but the end results from what I've seen speak for themselves, time very! well spent...

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 12-28-2012, 05:53 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
beautiful ! never ceases to amaze me, the way these clean up ! Smile

0 1,291
 01-06-2013, 07:39 AM
User Info
I love close up photos of the pins, to me that is what seals the deal on a great restoration. I have bought razors from some gentleman that were "professional" restorers and there pins looked awful. Very nice job on bringing that one back to life and very nice pins too!

9 90
 01-06-2013, 08:39 AM
User Info
(01-06-2013, 07:39 AM)milkylee Wrote: I love close up photos of the pins, to me that is what seals the deal on a great restoration. I have bought razors from some gentleman that were "professional" restorers and there pins looked awful. Very nice job on bringing that one back to life and very nice pins too!

Thanks again everyone.
Yeah,, messy pin work just doesn't cut it I think. It's a small detail but very important not to overlook it. There is so little on a razor that every aspect needs to be addressed.
Speaking of pins/washers, these triple stacks are some of my favorites that I make. On W&Bs they go hand in hand.
And the Domed just look smooth and neat on the right razor. But you'd think I'd had caught the dust and wax around this one? You'll get the idea.
Just my opinion.

0 772
 01-06-2013, 01:51 PM
User Info
This post made my swedish Heart feel warm and good.
Really nice to see this cleanup.
I have two CV Heljestrand MK31, and enjoy every shave from them.
I hope that you will use it.

0 54
 01-06-2013, 02:27 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(01-06-2013, 08:39 AM)mycarver Wrote: And the Domed just look smooth and neat on the right razor. But you'd think I'd had caught the dust and wax around this one?

Hi Mark

Just goes to prove you're human after all Wink

That back-to-back scallop detail (hope I've used the correct term) on the end of the scales is both striking and very! classy looking, me like, me like a lot!

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
User Info
[quote='kalleolle' pid='167058' dateline='1357509117']
This post made my swedish Heart feel warm and good.
Really nice to see this cleanup.
I have two CV Heljestrand MK31, and enjoy every shave from them.
I hope that you will use it.
[/quote
I'm glad you enjoyed this one. Unfortunately I will not be using it because it's not mine.
I have to say though that restoring these is nerve wracking. I say this because at one time I chipped one. Ever since then when working on blades that near the thickness of paper I proceed with great caution. They're always great shavers,, but working on them can be precarious to say the least.

@ Mikeperry, Thanks buddy. I'm not sure what to call it,, but back to back scallops works for me.

0 772