12-31-2012, 07:21 AM
User Info
My wife gave me some of this soap in a soap dish for Christmas.

I do not have much luck with artisan soaps. But my wife liked the scent (cedarwood) and needed a puck for the soap dish she was giving me.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The Cedarwood scent smells great. Woodsy and masculine. It comes wrapped in cheeseclothe. All very Vermonty.
The soap lathered easily. It was very slick and slippery. On my face it seemed to thin out but this did not affect the shave.

The pic is of the leftover foam after a 4 pass shave.

Their website is

http://www.elmoremountainfarm.com/produc...-_Wrapped/

But they sell this as bath soap. They do sell a shave set and mention this is because customers tell them they use the goats milk soap as shaving soap. But they make no claims for it ia a shave soap.

Which is interesting because it works very well in that role. I would recommend this soap. I do not know what any of the other scents are like.
And it only cost $5.25 a puck.

Phil (who has no affiliation with Mt Elmore Farms)

7 363
 12-31-2012, 01:09 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Hi Phil

How did your skin feel afterward?

I like the look of the shaving bowl (dish) they offer as part of their Shaving Set.

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 12-31-2012, 05:32 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
That lather looks terrifying, but I'm glad it worked out for you. I too really enjoy cedar and all woodsy scented products, I think it really sets the tone for a nice Fall/Winter shave.

126 2,375
 12-31-2012, 09:59 PM
User Info
One word comes to mind looking at that lather...Ouch!!!

The lather is too bubbly, which is very, very common for artisan shave soaps. By artisan, I mean the bath soap makers who add some clay and slap on a shave soap sticker.

I was unlucky enough to get a chunk of artisan shave soap when I first started using a brush and soap. Forget the aggressiveness of a DE, I got horrendous burn from a mach3!! The soap went in the bin!!

0 69
 01-01-2013, 08:17 AM
User Info
(12-31-2012, 01:09 PM)mikeperry Wrote: Hi Phil

How did your skin feel afterward?

I like the look of the shaving bowl (dish) they offer as part of their Shaving Set.

Take care, Mike

Mike,
I shower after I shave. But when I rinsed in the shower my face was smooth and soft. Same when i was all done and ready to tackle the day.

Nav,
"The lather is too bubbly, which is very, very common for artisan shave soaps."

That was sort of my point of the post. This artisan soap surprised me and I recommend it. The lather did thin
out over time (the pic was after 4 passes plus i had to go and fetch my phone to take the pic). But the lather was slick and slippery despite thinning out. I got a good shave out of the deal.

I used it again today and confirmed my original results. Great smell, slippery lather and a good shave all for $5.95.

Blzrfn,
My wife picked up the soap based on the scent only. She knows I like the woodsy smells. Fortunately she does tooBiggrin

Phil

7 363