02-26-2012, 10:16 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I stopped today at the new AoS store in Utah and I did noticed that the shaving creams have suffered a new re formulation.It seems that the sandalwood one has now fragance instead of esential oils and have introduce the Palmitic and Lauric Acid in the ingredient list.

I did take pics but are so crappy that Ill rather write the new formulations:

-Unscented shaving cream:

Aqua (Water),Stearic Acid,Myristic Acid,Pottasium Hidroxide,Glycerin,Coconut Acid,Triethalonamine,Sodium Hydroxide,Palmitic Acid,Methylparaben,Lauric Acid,Prophylparaben,Diethalomamine.

-Sandalwood shaving crea:

Aqua (Water),Stearic Acid,Myristic Acid,Pottasium Hidroxide,Glycerin,Coconut Acid,fragance,Triethalonamine,Sodium Hydroxide,Palmitic Acid,Methylparaben,Lauric Acid,Prophylparaben,Diethalomamine.

-Lemon shaving cream:

Aqua (Water),Stearic Acid,Myristic Acid,Pottasium Hidroxide,Glycerin,Coconut Acid,Citrus (Lemon) peel oil,Triethalonamine,Sodium Hydroxide,Palmitic Acid,Methylparaben,Lauric Acid,Prophylparaben,Diethalomamine.

-Lavender shaving cream (lavanda):

Aqua (Water),Stearic Acid,Myristic Acid,Pottasium Hidroxide,Glycerin,Coconut Acid,Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender oil)
,Triethalonamine,Sodium Hydroxide,Palmitic Acid,Methylparaben,Lauric Acid,Prophylparaben,Diethalomamine.

And now compare it with the old lavander cream:

[Image: P1160369.jpg]

and the old sandalwood shaving cream (check all the esential oils):

[Image: pgp-203_3z.jpg]

The creams are still made in England,but now have a thicker consistency and the sandalwood one has a weaker scent,or maybe it was just me.

The soaps are still made with tallow and in Italy (thank goodness)

86 7,124
 08-26-2012, 10:14 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
By the way , I got a sample of the "new" Lavender shaving cream yesterday at Nordstrom , and the scent its kind of different than the one I used to have.I would say that this one has a more herbal note,while the old one was more "spicy",like the Castle Forbes lavender shaving cream.Also this cream is thicker than the old one too.

86 7,124
 08-26-2012, 11:25 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
So, what's the verdict? Better or worse? Cutting corners and raising prices?

88 4,233
 08-27-2012, 04:13 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I have used the old AOS shave cream with good results. Looking forward to their new creams.

100 12,448
 08-27-2012, 04:39 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
If they've gone to Fragrance Oils instead of Essential Oils then there's hope for me. I cannot use AOS Creams with EO as they break my face out badly.

116 3,804
 08-27-2012, 07:14 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Let me try the Lavender,Lemon and Ocean Kelp and I will let you know.
The Ocean Kelp is made in USA and has a slightly different formulation than the other creams,which are made in UK.

86 7,124
 08-27-2012, 09:42 AM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
I sure hope they didnt screw it up i really enjoy there sandlewood and ocean kelp

115 1,692
 08-27-2012, 09:45 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-27-2012, 09:42 AM)Triad Wrote: I sure hope they didnt screw it up i really enjoy there sandalwood and ocean kelp

The new Sandalwood seems that doesn't have EO on it,but parfum , and ,when I smelled it the other day,I found it to be the same than the one with EO. Its also true that I'm not a big fan of this scent , so maybe another person who is a fan of it , could tell us if that's the case or not.

86 7,124